• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What we are up to - Feb 10th Edition

Having played the original and the latest version I was hugely disappointed with RO2 and felt it wasn't the game it was meant to be.

For me the new direction is what is needed or otherwise this game will be left on the sidelines where it will vanish.

The PC gaming community are needing a game mixed between eliments of Battlefield, Arma and the original RO.

There is a demand and a gap for a game like this and believe me if you get the updates and changes right you will get the people to buy this game.

Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
Wait for me, and I'll come back!
Wait with all you've got!
Wait, when dreary yellow rains
Tell you, you should not.
Wait when snow is falling fast,
Wait when summer's hot,
Wait when yesterdays are past,
Others are forgot.
Wait, when from that far-off place,
Letters don't arrive.
Wait, when those with whom you wait
Doubt if I'm alive.

Wait for me, and I'll come back!
Wait in patience yet
When they tell you off by heart
That you should forget.
Even when my dearest ones
Say that I am lost,
Even when my friends give up,
Sit and count the cost,
Drink a glass of bitter wine
To the fallen friend -
Wait! And do not drink with them!
Wait until the end!

Konstantin Simonov

I will wait until the update is released before posting the last stanza. Then, and only then, will we know for sure that our waiting has saved Red Orchestra.:IS2:

Upvote 0
Hey, the update sounds great! :IS2: I've had RO2 since the release and i came to notice that it is impossible to remove/de-select unlocked attachments in the weapon-stats. I find this a bit frustrating as i already encountered weapons as the Mkb-42 with both scope and bayonet, it would be useful if you would be able to just turn one or more attatchments off before playing because i just don't like the small x4 scope on the Mkb, i just cant work with it ...

I know that the whole thing about selecting or de-selecting attatchments sounds a bit CoD, but it would be nice that players would be able to 'tweak' weapons to their liking (as long as it stays normal and historically correct!!!)

just my opinion,
cheers :IS2:

Upvote 0
Because I did my own translation years ago...

Because I did my own translation years ago...

Original Russian:

Жди меня, и я вернусь.
Только очень жди,
Жди, когда наводят грусть
Желтые дожди,
Жди, когда снега метут,
Жди, когда жара,
Жди, когда других не ждут,
Позабыв вчера.
Жди, когда из дальних мест
Писем не придет,
Жди, когда уж надоест
Всем, кто вместе ждет.

Жди меня, и я вернусь,
Не желай добра
Всем, кто знает наизусть,
Что забыть пора.
Пусть поверят сын и мать
В то, что нет меня,
Пусть друзья устанут ждать,
Сядут у огня,
Выпьют горькое вино
На помин души...
Жди. И с ними заодно
Выпить не спеши.

Жди меня, и я вернусь,
Всем смертям назло.
Кто не ждал меня, тот пусть
Скажет: - Повезло.
Не понять, не ждавшим им,
Как среди огня
Ожиданием своим
Ты спасла меня.
Как я выжил, будем знать
Только мы с тобой,-
Просто ты умела ждать,
Как никто другой.

And in English:

Wait for me, and I'll return.
Only wait with all you

Upvote 0
There was another Russian poem like this that was read on a "History Channel" program...very sad...I wish I knew what it was and hope someone in this forum does. Parts of it were such that of a father grieving for his fallen son...relating how he remembers his small footsteps and now has to bury him...there was a bitterness toward war in general and a strong personal tone to it. I watched for the poem in the credits but did not see reference to it. Anyone know what it may have been?

Upvote 0
Could this be the poem you refer to?

This poem "Son" was written by the Russian Jewish poet Pavel Antokolsky, a year after the death of his 18 year old son Lieutenant Vladimir Antokolovsky, killed in action on June 6th, 1942...

Do not call me, father, do not seek me,
Do not call me, do not wish me back.

We

Last edited:
Upvote 0
English voice is important to understand what soldier want to say. Anyway, if it is an option, nothing to say.

Tonight I played an awful match in Pavlov's house. The reason?The mg tank... Come on, I do not understand why tripwire has not yet taken a decision for all the modes, not just for "classic RO".

Agreed AI tank should be stripped out of the game completely, not just for RO classic mode.

Reactions: oldslowguy
Upvote 0