• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: State of the Game

Seconded.. The lack of organisation of any communication is becoming amateurish. Whats the point oh having a "NEWS" section and a thread dedicated to patches 2hen you dont even use them yourselves.

Its no wonder folks cant see where this product is going. The PR threads are practically dead in posts - The mod section shows nothing but specualtion.

Start posting some meaningful details about the current state of the game and whats to come instead of useless and worthless hints.

Upvote 0
I don't see any lies... Casual players -whom the game was aimed at- cannot find something satisfying compared to what they already know... bugs, insufficient content etc. RO1 vets and more hardcore gamers cannot find the realism/difficulty they like, also in addition to a lack of tanks/big maps etc. The whole RO1 tank community (which i do not belong) is frustrated and i am for them. What is given to us is a unique uneven tank map, a papier-mach

Upvote 0
Listen to these idiots! http://bashandslash.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=28763#p28763 Lies like these make me sad and upset at gamers. :(

I've been here almost since day one and I mean many years ago with the MOD, then to retail. I can honestly say he hit the nail on the head, so I don't really see your point.

I've played maybe 30 total hours and that's possibly an exaggeration. I'm still playing RO1 daily only because I really have no desire to play RO2.

We even have a RO2 server that is constantly up and usually constantly empty except those wanting to kill bots and obviously increase their stats or get more unlocks.

Now with the numbers so low TWI should look and read that type of post and move the game in the right direction now and in the direction they should have stuck with all along. I used to constantly bring people aboard the RO community because there was no game like it, well I dreamed or hoped RO2 was going to be more of the same, but with new additions, and of course better graphics, stats, newer and bigger maps, and to be honest like he stated, I hate tank maps, but I really feel sorry for all those die hard tanks folks who thought this was going to be the tank sim to beat all tank sims.

Combined arms is great, the maps that RO1 had available from the MOD community gave them many routes to take and perfect.

Do I see a future for RO2 - sure - I'm sure they'll figure it out. Will I be here for the ride - sure - I will be. Am I upset with RO2 - yes - I couldn't agree more with that individuals post.

Currently though I don't look forward to coming home to play RO2 as I used to do for RO1 and believe it or not, here it is a couple months in and I still look forward to coming home and playing RO1 instead.

I never had issues with the bugs or the game working as designed, pretty much everyone else's complaints, game worked fine out of the box for me.

I have an issue with hit detection (I know there is a delay when you hit someone) that's not the problem (I can hear my hits and know when I've hit or not) the problem is putting a bullet in someones chest or any part of their body and nothing happens, they don't even have to bandage because they were never hit. There is nothing better than playing RO1 and seeing a single pixel and actually being able to aim and hit that pixel, you can now hit a full leg, arm or even side of a persons body and there is NOTHING. I also have a problem with the ping issues seen.

RO1 on my system runs at a steady 99FPS and never waivers from that number up or down and the pings are never over 100, usually maintain 30-70 max. RO2 I'm at a steady 35FPS and usually doesn't waiver from that number but pings have been sitting around 150-300 depending on the servers fullness and player numbers.

The only thing I can say is the sooner they get the SDK released will this game start heading into the direction all of us die hard RO1 players have wanted it to go. We'll see more maps, vehicles, and other tweaks possibly fixing load outs, and even hit detection. If TWI listens more to their original community, then the numbers will climb again and then at some point I'm hoping I can bring more people aboard with word of mouth and will I enjoy looking forward to a game of RO2... I'd be more than happy to bury RO1 once and for all. Until then I'll still be playing RO1.

I've already posted my take on BF3 and my sources have told me how "TERRIBLE!!!" COD MW3 is, so at this point RO2 is the only game for me with a future. Come on TWI and come on MOD community - lets get to work and turn this community back around. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with the clown and that Grobut post is clear to. The only difference is that I kept on playin RO2. I played for about 90 hours now. To make it easy for myself I only play on 2 possibly 3 servers. Last week I noticed these servers won't fill that easy anymore.

As I do not know anything about it I won't discuss for which audience the game was designed and what they where promised and didn't get.

The main reason I kept playing RO HOS is that I prefer WW2 games above modern warfare and its the only recent game I got. Still some people keep on hammer me to buy BF3 as they tell me they have a nice time.
Second reason is that I invested time to learn these new Unreal tools and planned to make something for that highly anticipated game.

I really had some great games with RO HOS but then the next game I hate the it for its clumsy movement, stupid controls, silly bandage options, weird spawn positions and bloody spawn and other weird kills.
As an example one moment you can pop some bullets and an enemy drop. Next moment you pop them for sure to see them turn around and kill you with one bullet. Some spawn distance are really long. Sometimes in Spartanovka as Allies you own the gully and church and Still I spawn near the Ukranian border.

On my 1 year old system I only had crashes in the first week. So that was solved quickly. Did not check on performance. It runs fine for me and I really have a simple system but planned to upgrade it soon.

Still I have other weird bugs. Like loosing the text game info during a game. It doesn't show me any info at these moment. I have to die to get it back. Sometimes I get in some respawning queue. During a game or when the next game starts. I'm at some camera point I hear the match has started but it takes another minute for me to start.

Still I hope they manage to come up with solutions so we can continue to play RO HOS with a decent playerbase and new custom content.

Last edited:
Reactions: fiftyone
Upvote 0
Have to agree with Grobut's post on that linked site; a reasonably accurate assessment of the game's confused identity.

After having played 60+ hours to give the game a (very) fair crack of the whip, it appears to me that all of the creative effort went into the Relaxed game mode and for whatever reason (time? money..?) the Realism mode got downgraded into being Relaxed mode with a few HUD items turned off - an afterthought (much like the tank game). Poor show. Poor show indeed.

Upvote 0
Yet another person to absolutely have no idea what he's talking about, and to of course post not a single argument to back up his claims. Am I glad that most of your kind are quitters.

The man is clearly right man, i think many of you guys just play this for the stats...

I think that almost 90% of the old red orchestra guys wanted red orchestra 1 in a new coat and thats it.
with some bullet drop in it and stuff and a whole lot of tanks!

Not somekind of frustrating run and die like hell game come on man,
die wait 20 seconds... ok play wham no spawnprotection or nothing instant death ok lets wait another 20 seconds then... back spawned, spawnkiller still there and again dead.
At this point i waited an entire minute for nothing and frustation reaches a peak which my lovely computer has to endure from my fist bashing on everything in its path.

red orchestra 2 has some really nicegraphics and thesame weapons as in red orchestra 1 (too bad about the experimental weapons) and there stops the resemblance if you ask me.

Upvote 0
I have tried and oh what have i tried to enjoy this game but i just can't.

I totally agree with grobut.
he hits the g spot of many ro gamers.

I clearly remember the feeling when i started with RO1, that immersion wauw just unbelievable. The rambo style wasn't welcome only smart guys could survive. riflemen sticking to that mg giving it lots of ammo for firepower, hanging with the anti tank guys, that guy was most of the time ur ticket to victory or death because tanks weren't available and such.

I always played on thesame servers, we knew each other too, we played in team, 3 guys in a tank, driving slowly so the guys could run in cover beside it, and protecting us from fausts or satchels..

That was a gaming sensation that i've never felt before and probably never will.

The only time that feeling was even bigger was on mare nostrum, a whole lot of players did a tank map and many were new on mare too.
So we rode out like 15 tanks on my side and we were goin up a sand hill all together on top of that hill we just stopped and looked like wow :eek:

all those brits were there like 150 meters away and they stopped with thesame sensation too.
Immediately the big tanks went in front giving the small ones some minor cover and firepower, and other brave souls went to outflank em, truly one of the most intense tank battles ever online.

however in RO2 i NEVER just NEVER found that feeling of immersion or teamwork AT ALL!
Just spawn fire a couple of shots and die.
spawn and die, of course i understand that in real life the grain elevator battle was a lot different then online in ro2 but still that real feeling i often saw in RO1 when all resources were depleted and the few left in that ruin fought together to survive untill the time ran out.
now it's everyman for himself.

They lied to us and gave us an completely unfinished game just to make a lot of money..

i guess what many of the old gamers

Upvote 0
Have to agree with Grobut's post on that linked site; a reasonably accurate assessment of the game's confused identity.

After having played 60+ hours to give the game a (very) fair crack of the whip, it appears to me that all of the creative effort went into the Relaxed game mode and for whatever reason (time? money..?) the Realism mode got downgraded into being Relaxed mode with a few HUD items turned off - an afterthought (much like the tank game). Poor show. Poor show indeed.
That's what it looked like to me too.

Also agree with Grobut's post. Hopefully TWI will fix Realism mode and all my mates will come back to enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, numbers of people playing R01 was small, but that didnt stop me from playing. On Realism i can find like 3 or 4 full servers, thats fine by me, my 2 years old computer doesnt drop below 60 fps now, after all that updates there is no more crashes for me.
Only thing i can say as a MG that cant deploy here **** must be resoved, as well as improvment on mounting windows and hit detection...
And i agree with people playing tanks, they need ( we all need ) new maps, i hope soon and some free weekend on Steam and some discounts would be fine ( after introducing new maps and resolving some issues ) so that new players stick araound.
Also, if player count and $$$ is a important issue for Tripwire, make some maps for COD2 style players on some "relaxed" mode like that bridge tdm on RO1, and when they became tired of run & gun maybe they try to play realism...

Upvote 0
Mmmmmmm

Mmmmmmm

I have to say I have been with RO2 since the beta..There were issues at first, more than I would have liked...More than was good for the game for sure..But the game has had a number of patches and is now a blast...I can say that those of you who have left should come back and check it out...If it would have played as well as it does today when it first came out the servers would all be full....There is some up hill work to do, but the game is great and playes well now,,,X-mas is coming and I think good reviews will also be showing up. I also think They have a few new maps in the can...Guys dont get to wraped up in negative thinking...Play the game as it is today and you will see how much improved it is...Oh and come by my server,,,,Professional Territory Assault With Bots...:)

Upvote 0