• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: State of the Game

Go to settings and in beta participation make sure u download the steam beta update this fixed the program for me when it happened a week ago.
I'll try it overnight. Thanks for the tip, hope it will work.

Does anyone know whether it's intentional or a bug that sometimes, when getting shot and bleeding, you can't move, can't bandage, can't do anything, and your screen *slowly* fades to black?

Upvote 0
This is ****ing ridiculous.

I want a goddamn refund. If I wanted "Red Orchestra: Call of Duty", I would have pre-ordered MW3.

What the **** happened, Tripwire?

I've been playing RO since UT2K3.

KillingFloor was great.

This is garbage.

Get rid of the stats, man. Don't make me farm for content that's dangled in front of my nose. If I want that I'll go play BF3, or MW3, or all the other stats-based shooters out there.

The thing I always liked about RO was the fact that everything was always available to everyone. It was up to you to realize how to use it.

Sincerely,

An extremely unhappy customer.

Upvote 0
Dear Tripwire

Dear Tripwire

It souds fair enough. You have a problem and this shows you have the willing to sort it out. And the way you are doing it proves that you like the happiness of your customers and not just the money that comes with us.
It sounds like a great idea of letting us gamers who will be part of the reset to get an XP boost and also for the new members do they get a head start. I don't know if we will get anything in the future as you said, but I am not against it.
Other companies would happily either not fix these problems or reset it, not comment about it and not give us anything for it but younhave given us something that makes us proud to be part of the red orchestra community.
I love this game and the ideas you have stuck in make it so unique and I hope we can hear more from you in the future. Thanks for this game and letting us know about the subject and that we get rewarded for being in the reset.

Nism100 (RO2 account; sam.moore82)

Upvote 0
I'll try it overnight. Thanks for the tip, hope it will work.

Does anyone know whether it's intentional or a bug that sometimes, when getting shot and bleeding, you can't move, can't bandage, can't do anything, and your screen *slowly* fades to black?

I think that the situation is that you've been hit badly enough that bandage won't save you but you aren't dead yet.

To stay on topic. It must have not been an easy decision for Tripwire to make but I support it whole heartedly. Keep up the good work you're doing Tripwire.

Upvote 0
STATS not fixed

STATS not fixed

The stats are still not fixed. The reset helped, but not all teh kills are counting.

I played a round last night and got about 6 kills with the mp40.... checked my stats this morning and it still says that I have 0 kills.

This might have been because i picked it up off a dead Nazi, or because i wasn't teh assualt class... don't know? It also isn't counting my stats with the Nazi sniper class. This time I was the sniper class and didn't pick up the gun from a dead commrade.

This is disappointing ... :mad:

Upvote 0
The stats are still not fixed. The reset helped, but not all teh kills are counting.

I played a round last night and got about 6 kills with the mp40.... checked my stats this morning and it still says that I have 0 kills.

This might have been because i picked it up off a dead Nazi, or because i wasn't teh assualt class... don't know? It also isn't counting my stats with the Nazi sniper class. This time I was the sniper class and didn't pick up the gun from a dead commrade.

This is disappointing ... :mad:
It also may have happened because if you didn't finish all the rounds, you don't get those stats or that is what I have experienced and others have complained about. I think the stats should be saved after every round not till th complete match is done

Upvote 0
Additionally, we are going to give those playing the game during the double experience period a special achievement called "In B4 Reset". Right now this is just an achievement, but we're going to be looking at ways to give special rewards to the players that have this achievement in the future.
I just fired up the game just to get this achievement so I'm not left out later on despite being one of the pre-order, rough-launch etc. fellas, but I didn't get it.
Is there anything special I have to do to unlock this?

Upvote 0
Earlier this week the game spent about 20 minutes download something.. But... The Server Browser is still broken, the sound issue still persists, and the stats are still bugged.. So what all exactly was it that this white-washing of stats and wasting of 20 minutes was supposed to fix???

You can put me in the category that thinks it was plain stupid to ruin the game with a "stats" system.. This was supposed to be Red Orchestra, NOT Battlefield 2. To repeat what one poster has already pointed out, I don't have several hours of my life per-night to waste farming stats just to get the privilege of using better items or perks.

You people at tripwire really dropped the ball this time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is ****ing ridiculous.

I want a goddamn refund. If I wanted "Red Orchestra: Call of Duty", I would have pre-ordered MW3.

What the **** happened, Tripwire?

I've been playing RO since UT2K3.

KillingFloor was great.

This is garbage.

Get rid of the stats, man. Don't make me farm for content that's dangled in front of my nose. If I want that I'll go play BF3, or MW3, or all the other stats-based shooters out there.

The thing I always liked about RO was the fact that everything was always available to everyone. It was up to you to realize how to use it.

Sincerely,

An extremely unhappy customer.

I must apologize for this post.

I was inebriated and highly frustrated with my initial experience with Red Orchestra 2. (Lack of servers and players, getting kicked by PunkBuster for no reason, etc).

No matter what state the game is in, I have absolutely no right to slam the hard work of other people, customer or not.

So good job Tripwire. I appreciate not being banned from the forums for my harsh words.

I have since gave Red Orchestra 2 another chance and had fun with it. It is a different game, but with that in mind, it is a good one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I was inebriated and highly frustrated with my initial experience with Red Orchestra 2. (Lack of servers and players, getting kicked by PunkBuster for no reason, etc).

No matter what state the game is in, I have absolutely no right to slam the hard work of other people, customer or not.

So good job Tripwire. I appreciate not being banned from the forums for my harsh words.

I have since gave Red Orchestra 2 another chance and had fun with it. It is a different game, but with that in mind, it is a good one.

Now thats refreshing...

Upvote 0

If a picture paints a thousand words...

The game is good, its the whistles and bells that are slightly out of tune.

Liked.

Upvote 0