• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta test request: STATS and SOUND

Just want to confirm that stats are totally off in the beta right now.

I went in with

lvl 5 PPSH41
next level: 2/50
kills: 117
accuracy: 17.68%

Played through entire match of territory in Barracks. I scored 14 kills. Then I got

lvl 6 PPSH41
next level: 8/54
kills: 145
accuracy: 17.41%

So according to the next level requirement, I got 56 kills, and the number of kills tell me that I got 28 kills. Even the kill points required to advance to next level and number of kills don't match in their respective growth.

Not to mention my honor level just went up one out of the blue once I left the server.

Edit: actually I think it's not completely off... the game just counts one of my kill as 4 for the weapon level and 2 for number of kills. The numbers match then. Buggy, yes. But if that's just it then it may be a small fix.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stats save when the server moves to the next map. So, if you played a bit, but left before the map ends, your stats wont be saved to your profile until the that server sends them off to steam at the end of the map.

And nobody's stats have been wiped yet.

Just for data clarity so that we know we arent being awarded achievments for something that happened during the real beta can little johnny ;drop tables *; visit the beta stats DB?

:D

Upvote 0
Edit: actually I think it's not completely off... the game just counts one of my kill as 4 for the weapon level and 2 for number of kills. The numbers match then. Buggy, yes. But if that's just it then it may be a small fix.

Could be a small fix. However in web / asynchronous / parallel processing nothing is so simple to fix :)

Upvote 0
My findings so far.

1) Peformance has increase by 10FPS for me. Nice boost.
2) I also got 3 achievements at same time after first kill.
3) I noticed that if you goto profile and achievement during the game and look at the
combat history, kill count will be automatically updated in realtime within the game.
However the death count will only be updated after the map changes.
Example:
Right before the map rotate (end of the game): Kills: 475 Deaths: 464
Right after the next map starts: Kills: 475 Deaths: Deaths: 480
Is this a feature?
4) Sound is working fine. Did not notice issue.
5) Punkbuster is working fine with this latest Beta patch. No crash.
Stiil having issue with retail version though.
I have notified evenbalance about it so hopefully it will be fixed.

Upvote 0
spent another 4 hours or so on the beta tonight.the stats seem to be working fine for me now. of course they were in the game, till that one day i jumped about 60 honor lvls and everything went haywire. i'll keep close track of kills and whatnot tommorow. i got so caught up in the game tonight i quit counting.:eek:

my big problem now, is that every single time i played pavlovs house, the sound went buggy agfter a few minutes. most sounds cut out and i get intermittent music. i can still hear my gun but not the enemy's. mine quite a bit quieter as well. footsteps disapeared also. darn near impossible to play that way. is this an onboard sound problem? i don't really want to have to get a sound card.
there was some really wierd glitches as well. i was about to kill a german in a stairwell and he jumped like 5 feet in the air and landed on the staircase rail. i was shooting at him and he kinda hopped up again, landed at my feet and killed me. needless to say i was torqued as i had the drop on him n the first place.

Upvote 0
Confirmed that kills with the SVT and DP-28 are counting twice. I would not be surprised if this were the case for all weapons.

I have confirmed this for the vast majority of weapons, excluding ones I couldn't try given the map rotation or unlocks.

The only exception was the AVT which did not update the kill total in real time but would then have it's kill count jump, I think this happened at the end of maps and again I am pretty sure kills were counting double when they did finally register.

Upvote 0
I can confirm the double countung of kills as well.

What I cannot confirm, however, are general performance boosts. Sure, the game runs flawlessly at around 40-80 fps. But I guess that is due to the fact (as pointed out in other threads) that there are few players on the server most of them being bots not players from around the world with data to be processed.

I also haven't seen any of the devs mentioning anything about performances fixes for the beta, or did I miss those notes?

Upvote 0
Some Screens:

http://i.imgur.com/krPhk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n5tyo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ire7Q.jpg troll chat, lulz :D

As you can see, bottleneck for gpu is almost disappear, 76/79 per cent. Bricks are again here, thanks to God :D

My Config:
Gtx460 1GB (800/1600/2000), 720 Amd Be (3,2 ghz), 4 GB Ram.

I think there is a lot of work to do for 99 per cent of other game like bf3, but Tripwire is working well.

My setting was everything on ultra with medium shadow and medium AA.

Upvote 0
With some of these stats being linked with steam as well as achievements. I think this is the problem with just wiping the stats, because something is up, if it were really easy they would have done it by now. They will need a really really good reason to get Steam the wipe their backend server info completely for every player that has played RO2 because 1 person could cause a very big stink. So what do you do, other than try to fix it and move on, or atleast get the fix before even trying to reset the stats. If they even reset the stats with so many not wanting it done.

Upvote 0
Just want to confirm that stats are totally off in the beta right now.

I went in with

lvl 5 PPSH41
next level: 2/50
kills: 117
accuracy: 17.68%

Played through entire match of territory in Barracks. I scored 14 kills. Then I got

lvl 6 PPSH41
next level: 8/54
kills: 145
accuracy: 17.41%

So according to the next level requirement, I got 56 kills, and the number of kills tell me that I got 28 kills. Even the kill points required to advance to next level and number of kills don't match in their respective growth.

Not to mention my honor level just went up one out of the blue once I left the server.

I can confirm this.

Kills and deaths in the stats overview seem to be fine.
But in the weapon progress section one actual kill with the weapon is counted as 4 kills in the weapon level and as 2 kills in the weapon kill count.

btw: I tested this only with the PPSh and MKb 42.

Also Headshots and Assists counting doesn't work.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I definitely think that stats are counting twice...

Also, sound is still having major problems for me... I was in the original beta, and sound worked perfect. Sounded beautiful, and never had a hitch.

Ever since the game was released, and the MKB was introduced, sound has been terrible for me. It must be either tied to that gun, or some other change they made when they released it...

It's not only the sound cutting out and occasionally sounding like static, but it's also causing performance issues. I run a gaming news/information site, and had been recording and releasing RO2 videos. Since the MKB was released, my FPS drops to 1 if I try to record with FRAPS... To prove further that it's tied to this gun, I recorded the first single player mission and had no performance issue whatsoever. However, when trying to record the second (which has MKB's in it), my FPS completely crashed again...

This is getting frustrating... I really enjoy this game, but not being able to record at the moment is a huge set back for me. If anyone knows of any temporary work-a-rounds for this issue, I'd love to hear them!

Upvote 0
Just finished a round. Took screenshots before so I could verify stat counts. I got 4 kills in the round with a Soviet rifle that was level 0 and needed 14 kills for the next level. I went to level 2 and had 2 kills towards the next level counted, so I got credit for 16 kills, or 4 times the number I actually did. The framerate and sound are great though.

Upvote 0