• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 released!

I wanted to sign up just to post in this thread, but plan on lurking and being around for a while to come.

I wanted to give a heart felt thanks to the people at Tripwire who have gone out of their way to build a community unlike any other.
I've only been playing your games for a short while, after finding Killing Floor, and was frankly astonished that finally a developer had taken the bold step of worrying about building a community before sales.

What I saw was a group of people who make games for gamers, who aren't afraid to give out SDK's or talk openly with the gamers, and as a result won us through something so many other companies miss: simply treating us with respect and not assuming were criminals.

The truth is that gamers wont simply pirate your wares, or try and hack your game, the truth is modders will never aim to overtake a game, nor would any right minded developer be afraid of that.
Unfortunately, archaic and stupid business practices are easier to justify on paper, when no one will take a chance.

Meanwhile you guys hand out tutorials.

If more developers worried about their community, and gave us the access that you did, I think they'd find they wouldn't have to hide behind massive price tags, DRM and the idea that their game is just too complicated for people to understand well enough to mod(BW3 lookin at you guys.. what a load of crap).

Heres hoping that you guys not only do well, but become a standard, where games can grow and be adapted on, where success is dependant on actually giving a damn and not churning out the same crap year after year.

The game is not perfect yet, Beta was awesome but there are still bugs and issues within the game, but Tripwire has a track record of not leaving a job undone, and I have faith they will continue to work on this as they've said.
I think people should give credit where its due, as well as a little breathing room.

This is a great game guys, thank you once again for a such a welcome change. You have my support and day one purchases, and I wish you all the luck in the future.

Reactions: teemu92
Upvote 0