• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

While I am sad about the release date being pushed back, if Tripwire feels it's needed, then it's needed. I'll not fault a developer for refusing to put out an unfinished product, and I respect developers who stick with that standard.

That said, a timely announcement of the Beta date would erase all sadness, especially if the beta is within this week. I would in fact be severely disappointed if the majority of the players who bought the Deluxe edition for the Beta, were not able to play said beta until the 30th because of the delay.

I wouldn't even have a problem if the Beta is delayed, except for the fact that many people paid specifically for the opportunity to 'test' (Play) the game earlier than they normally would have, despite it's unpolished state.

So, I don't mind the delayed release date, take your time Tripwire. However I just hope the Beta is not delayed for this reasoning.

I would agree with you, but Tripwire starting with the preorders six days ago, not two month ago.

What happens in six days?They release a digital deluxe edition only for selling the beta access, we must be honest.

And now a delay?This is not acceptable.

Upvote 0
I would agree with you, but Tripwire starting with the preorders six days ago, not two month ago.

What happens in six days?They release a digital deluxe edition only for selling the beta access, we must be honest.

And now a delay?This is not acceptable.

Neitherless. I do not mind it. What if they found a game breaking bug, or a technical problem which cannot be solved easily. Two weeks? Whats 14 days? Nothing!

I find it a little bit sad that people swears and curse for just a little delay. That's respectless.

I rather wait for a good cause then a bad cause :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Neitherless. I do not mind it. What if they found a game breaking bug, or a technical problem which cannot be solved easily. Two weeks? Whats 14 days? Nothing!

I find it a little bit sad that people swears and curse for just a little delay. That's respectless.

I rather wait for a good cause then a bad cause :).

I don't read curse for the delay. We are talking. And yes, if my "supplier" delay after I paid, I have all rights to be angry, or not? Gesus, these are bases. I'm waiting this game for a life, I pay for this game, now a delay?Six days ago they started with preorder?

For bug that they can fixed until 30 august?It's ridicolous.

Upvote 0
332.jpg

Ah well, this means a better product, and we still get beta access. :p

... RIGHT? :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: YoYoBatty
Upvote 0
I'm sure you guys are working very long hours, but you really should concider this, the longer the game is released prior to the big bugdet titles due to release later this fall, the better RO2 will do. If you do not release soon enough, you will mearly be covered by their shadow. I would have to agree, that an early release with a first week patch would be the way to go.

But since we know it won't happen like that, the best way to keep the fire going is to fan it with firing up the beta.

Upvote 0