• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Box Art - and System Specs

Ramm-Jaeger said:
A: Let me just head something off at the pass right now. We're getting ready to release the box art for the game. And there is bound to be a 20 page thread of "OMG MkB42 Swat German" that rants and raves. Now instead of doing that, why don't you guys just hold off.

I'm willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt. The box art is very cool.

Upvote 0
let me tell you my PC's life story....
use to game on a celeron 1 core at 1.3 ghz, 512 mb of ram, and a gforce 4mx. faces of war would not run on that computer so i bought this one for 3000 in 2006.

2 core at 1.86, 2 gigs of slow ddr2, and a 6750gs.
upgraded the gpu to a 9800gt..witch got to 120C

so went to a 9800gx2 a buddy had, and it overheated to much.

so i put a after market cooler on my 9800gt.
-------------------------
even with this odl computer, i can still get it to run a lot more demanding games....metro 2033 on high DX10. 35 FPS, low about 14.

so, basically as long as you have a dual core (any speed!), and 2 gigs of even SLOW *** ram, your fine. what really matters is the grafx card.

video games are mostly video...so a gpu will help. but with all that ballistics calcs...i wonder what the stress on the CPU will be like!

Upvote 0
The only thing I don't care for is having the sickle and hammer on both versions of the box art. I mean why couldn't the swastika or hakenkreuz be on it for the other version? :confused: If you say that, "well thats because it is banned", then I and others could argue sure, just in one country, Germany. The sickle and hammer is banned in seven european countries and it seems that [TWI] does not care about their laws, just Germany's which failed to be implemented in the E.U. as a whole in 2007.
You are wrong with your statement,that the swastika is banned only in Germany.
It is also in Austria, Italy, Hungary, Poland and Brazil.

Upvote 0
System Specs "will my computer run this"

System Specs "will my computer run this"

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums :D...But I have a question, I know there are others asking the same thing, so an answer would be appreciated.

But, I'm also wondering if my computer can run this game:

My Specs: AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core 2.20 GHZ

(I've been told in other games Forums that this is the bottleneck for me not having the best performance)...Is this true? or do games mainly run based on your GPU? Because I'm thinking about buying either a new GPU or CPU, but I'm wondering if I should just buy a new AMD processor, (forgot the name of it, too lazy to look it up haha)...But it's a quad core 3.3 GHZ one....Or should I just save up for a pretty newer GPU? like an nvidia 560, 570, or w/e the newer ones are.

Nvidia 9800 GT

6 g.b Ram

Windows Vista 64 bit

(One more thing, I'm not looking at running this game at max, I'm mainly just looking at normal settings, that look decent enough to play, but not crappy like lowest settings). (I'm only a teen, Can't afford godly computers like most of you) :D.

If someone could answer this, that would be GREAT!

-TodaysKiller

Upvote 0
You are wrong with your statement,that the swastika is banned only in Germany.
It is also in Austria, Italy, Hungary, Poland and Brazil.

Hammer & sickle are banned in Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania & Poland.

But, it's not about facts... as someone with a very low rep he FEELS victimised by an evil conspiracy; feelings are important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope those specs still apply for laptop, 'cause I'm already gonna have to run the game on all low.
As long as it runs, that's fine ^^

Now..... Some date for the large beta?

EDIT: I suppose (hope) those specs still apply as well for mods like Rising Storm, Incountry Vietnam and Iron Europe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But, it's not about facts... as a KT fanboi he FEELS victimised by an evil conspiracy; feelings are important. :D

sorry, but are the whole "KT fanboi" comments even necessary...especially from RS developer?

furthermore i'm simply amazed that a new member with 3....count em THREE posts already has a max low rep just from making a comment that might be, dare i say it....even the slightest bit critical?

and yet the RO "community" gets blasted by Ramm.....unbelievable. i'm at a loss with what's happened to this "community". :(

Upvote 0
I love the 3D art of TWI, but the 2D kind has never impressed me. The menu backgrounds, fonts, etc. are pretty bland, but these covers are good examples that the art team can do fine work even though I'm not a fan of cheesy and tacticool art in war "entertainment".

they maybe are also not fans of it but the majority of players will atleast look on the box when they see it in the store because it looks badass and where have you ever seen a tactical elite badass german soldier on the cover, because face it we had the best looking uniforms at those times :p

Upvote 0