• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
take_my_money.jpg

P.S.
Can I expect a boxed version in Italy? For my collection...:D

Reactions: RiccardoTheBeAst
Upvote 0
I'm guessing this means it'll be $89.95 for Australia :rolleyes:
I would like to know too
This was posted on Steam forums by Wilsonam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetius
Tripwire don't partake in that regional pricing . It will be the same price for us as it will be in the USA.

Missed this post... as with all our other games, we start with a US dollar price, then convert at the current exchange rate, round up/down to whatever seems sensible - so long as the systems allow for it.

I can't remember - does Steam allow for Aussie dollar pricing? I didn't think it did yet? For instance, we did Dwarfs at 9.99 USD, 8.99 EUR and 7.99 GBP, from memory. Basically, convert currency, add in VAT for Europe, try and find sensible/fair price.
So does developer/publisher sets the price or steam? Most games cost $60USD in US but when you order them from Australia via steam its usualy around$89.95 USD (Steam doesn't allow Aus pricing) Au dollar is also higher then US but we still get ripped off.

Upvote 0
And my friends didn't believe me when I said "seeing how the beta is going, end of august would be a nice guestimate':D

But seriously, I won it already with the christmas contest of steam (that wishlist thing). So my question is:
Can I buy another collectors edition just because I would like to give you money anyway? And I don't want to miss out on a nice gimmick (no digital thing for pre-order please, unless it's a Mosin-nagant with 71 drum mag)

just a correction: RO3 will be called 'Red Orchestra 3: Defense of fortress Holland'.
Don't see any reason why not:D

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
Seeing it is practically 1:1 on exchange right now, $89.95 AUD strikes me as a great idea (if not very likely) :p
You'd be suprised mate, with Steam we get gouged pretty bad here, games are never charged based on exchange rate. They charge almost the standard RRP (which for PC games here is $89.95) on a lot of things on steam. So a lot of games that are $49.95 in the US store will be $69.95 or even more in our store, some are even charged at the full RRP of $89.95 meaning there's practically no advantage to buying it digitally. This is regardless of the fact that our dollar is currently a few cents stronger than the USD.

I hope you guys aren't going this route, I'll be buying it anyway but please don't make me import a copy from the UK, I really want to play it day 1 :D

Upvote 0