• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crosshairs Podcast 25 - Live from TWI - Now Available

Great to finally be able to listen to it! I liked the mix of first hand impression, facts and background to decisions.

I especially like the complete approach on competitive gaming =).

I guess some would see the shooting range as a minor thing, but personally I love all that kind of stuff. One thing I really thought Starcraft 2 did well, it had more than just SP campaign, MP and custom maps. It also had SP challenges, where you could get achivements for completing them at different difficult levels.

I know it is quite boring to just mention things you don't like, but to mention everything one does like would just take forever :p.

So just to mention what I dislike the most (if I interpreted it right): I really dislike the concept of lowering the surpression effect as you level up. I don't see why it should be like that at all. The only argument I've heard why it should be like that is "veteran soldiers are used to it", but veteran players will be used to the full surpression new players feel by definition so there is no need to add that in the game itself.

I think this is "more unfair" than "unlocking stuff for your weapon" as for instance a new player could pick up a veteran players weapon and use his default advantage for himself. So I ask myself, does there really need to be two things like this to "encourage peopel to play"?

To end with something positive: The surpression system sounds awesome, could this be the game that just gets it right? =)

Upvote 0
there are some really interesting juicy sounding stuffs mentioned herein. i dunno if i share your guys ideas about beta release. why beta an already finished product? cuz some whiners wont buy it after playing it? whatever. i would think that if there is an open beta it would attract more real players than repel whiners.

Upvote 0