• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer Jan Issue Cover: "Why RO2 will beat CoD:BlOps"

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Well, it didn't take the forum-goers long to work it out (see HERE for the tease that lasted all of 10 minutes)... you wanted more PR, so we delivered it.

The new issue of PC Gamer in the US (January 2011 issue, just reaching subscribers now) carries the cover story:

SHELL SHOCKER: Why Red Orchestra 2 will beat Call of Duty: Black Ops

And inside the magazine, Evan Lahti gets a world exclusive first hands-on with RO2. 5 full pages from Evan covering his visit to Atlanta, a bunch of new screenshots and descriptions of gameplay, with more new information about the game.

So - do NOT post scans here. Go buy a copy of PC Gamer when it hits the stands and read the article for yourselves. Buy your friends copies. Spread the word - we've done our bit, now you can do yours to help!

Edit: for those of you overseas - PC Gamer will post additional material online (PCGamer.com), but not until the issue has been on stands for a while. So get friends to buy you a copy and mail it to you!

Well, it didn't take the forum-goers long to work it out (see HERE for the tease that lasted all of 10 minutes)

That kind of makes me feel bad lol :p
Here are you thinking well let's tease them till they go mad, and then it's figured out in such a short time :eek:
But at the same time i'm just very glad to see RO finally getting the recognition it deserves and the fact the pages is 5 pages and at the same time puts COD down is just jaw-dropping :p

Upvote 0
HAHAHAHA! Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, this is going to be a huge flop just like RO1. What exactly makes you think this will be any different?

Define flop?

Completely surpasses all estimates for sales?

Funds one of the few truly indie dev studios to grow and work on other projects and help other indie teams and titles reach the wider world?

Still has a player base years on?

Spawned multiple mods?

Provided a gameplay experience that can be found no where else and pioneered a number of gameplay ideas that have since been mimicked and repeated throughout the genre?

But yeah I take your point...total flop!

Also just a side note: Welcome to the forums. It's nice to see someone go to all the effort of signing up to these forums because their own favourite game suddenly gets compared in a negative way to another game.

Upvote 0
Define flop?

Completely surpasses all estimates for sales?

Funds one of the few truly indie dev studios to grow and work on other projects and help other indie teams and titles reach the wider world?

Still has a player base years on?

Spawned multiple mods?

Provided a gameplay experience that can be found no where else and pioneered a number of gameplay ideas that have since been mimicked and repeated throughout the genre?

But yeah I take your point...total flop!

Also just a side note: Welcome to the forums. It's nice to see someone go to all the effort of signing up to these forums because their own favourite game suddenly gets compared in a negative way to another game.

Stop feeding the troll. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0