• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New RO2 Gameplay vid and interview

really really good stuff.

so...Ramm...how do you think the game might run on a PII x3 720 and a 5770? playable?

Lol dude, when the exact specifications are known, they will let us know.
He posted the system he was running HoS on that was used in the interview.
We don't need a i7-920 core just to get the game run smooth.
If it was.. we had much better & amazing graphics. (i'm not saying it's bad right now.. we only have much further researched graphics then)

I don't care what the game needs to run smooth.
I'm planning to buy a whole new (leet-game) PC a week before the game comes out.
I'm playing on my laptop now and it gets hot after 2 hours and start to lag. (even on older games..and my laptop is like a year old with a GTX 240 & duo core @ 2.2Ghz in it lol)
Don't start to ask after the right Rig because the release is far away from today. (too bad actually)
They will make sure the game runs smooth on older PC's. You know Tripwire listens to their community. (one of the rarest things a developer does these days) and putting the game on a high end PC would be stupid because they ain't going to make a lot of sales if they would do that. (+ It's UE3, it's not going to ask that much)
To let you get a small idea i'll post the UE3 system requirements, this ARE NOT going to be the same system specs as HoS needs..but it will show you a way. I do hope for the most people the processor requirement will be lowered a little.
I can see the GFX card doesn't need to be something leet, but the processor is asking too much imo;

Minimum System Requirements
• Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
• 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
• 512 Mbytes of System RAM
• NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
• 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
Recommended System Requirements
• 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
• 1 GBytes of System RAM
• NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
• 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great video! The game looks absolutely amazing. There are just a couple of things I wanted to nag you all developers about ;)

The one thing that is really bothering me, that I hope will be addressed before it's released, is that when changing range sights on the weapon there's no animation for it so it just kind of magically changes in front of you. If an animation is applied to this machanic so that it is visually appealing, then that would just be awesome. Not to mention more realistic!

The other thing that bothered me in the video (and perhaps it's just that I couldn't see what was actually happening) is that the building distruction seems to happen all at once when artillary hits. So there's no progressive damage to buildings, they just instantly go to their most destroyed state when hit by artillary. Of course I'm just assuming that was their most destroyed state: if not then it's a moot point. But if a building goes from perfect to most destroyed state, then there's nothing to appreciate latter in the level when they're hit with even MORE arty! This is a little thing that the game could chug along fine without, I just thought I'd mention it.

Upvote 0
A really impressive gameplay vid, good work!

Unfortunately I still didn't see customization of/variation in the uniforms.

Will this be reserved to the more experienced up to hero-level players or will it be just like the Boss said, that the uniforms will (automatically) look more worn, if one gains some experience?
Will the game simply decide completely how you look like or does the player have some choice?

Come on Tripwire, release the community from this burning question...

When will you show us some in game winter camo like this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0