• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

And the Big Reveal is

You guys just outdone yourselves! It sounds so awesome, can't wait to get my hands on a tank and hope for some good crew members - you get a better feeling with real human instead of AI - but nonetheless cool system you guys implemented, sounds promising!

Hopefully we will see some video footage in the next few days/weeks :cool:

Upvote 0
YAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tanks are gonna be amazing, great great work guys. Keep it coming.
red4.jpg

This looks familiar:D

Upvote 0
Just registered so I could ask this, but won't there be problems created by the amount of players that are willing to cooperate on each team?

Like team A has 5 tanks and 5 players in them, the team B has 5 tanks and 20 players in them. Doesn't that create issues for team B as they are now 15 infantry players down compared to team A? While team A gets no penalties because bots get added for their tanks anyway?

Reactions: LukeFF
Upvote 0
Just registered so I could ask this, but won't there be problems created by the amount of players that are willing to cooperate on each team?

Like team A has 5 tanks and 5 players in them, the team B has 5 tanks and 20 players in them. Doesn't that create issues for team B as they are now 15 infantry players down compared to team A? While team A gets no penalties because bots get added for their tanks anyway?

facepalmrammjaeger.jpg

Upvote 0

Then the team gets an advantage in quality of tank crews.

Upvote 0
AMAZING INFO GUYS! I loved ALL of it! except...

Mouse aiming. It really isn't realistic to have mouse-based aiming for the main guns for tanks -- I really think using the keyboard is a much more authentic and skillful way to implement this.

Can you at least make it an option? The problem is using the mouse gives you way too much ease at pulling off pixel-perfect shots quickly. I love in RO:OS how you really feel like you're turning wheels or something to get the shot lined up.

Upvote 0
AMAZING INFO GUYS! I loved ALL of it! except...

Mouse aiming. It really isn't realistic to have mouse-based aiming for the main guns for tanks -- I really think using the keyboard is a much more authentic and skillful way to implement this..

yay - mouse aiming... the old school

sounds like ppl will have less stuff to moan about this time round thankfully.
except the inherent absence of late war tanks i guess.

Upvote 0
My guess is probably lighter tanks.

The T-34/85 wasn't out until 1944, so it'll be a BT-7 or T-26. I would presume the German tank released would be a similar class, so likely a Panzer III or Panzer II.

Of course it would be easier for TWI to model variations on the Panzer IV, since the geometry is already done for it. If they make the Panzer III, they could also do a Stug easier since it's the same chassis.

I do hope if they put in the PIII, they don't include the unrealistic "unbuttoned" driver" position through the maintenance hatch.

Reactions: trench
Upvote 0