• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Interactive announces

There's hardly any what for the actual game?

Just because a release date has not been announced for RO:HoS does not mean that there is no release date.

Handing out the SDK to modders AFTER the release of RO:HoS means at least a year or so (if a mod team are ultra-fast... radically more so than average) after the release of the main game before anything new comes along. That means the main community will have peaked, plateau'ed and started to drift before the new content comes along.

So, it makes perfect sense to get a mod team going before the main release.

Mods (and games) do not appear at the drop of a hat. They need a lead time.

Best way for this mod to get the best modders involved is to have it announced on the TW forums.

It all makes sense if you stop and think about it. And if you haven't stopped and thought about it, just bear in mind that thinking about this kind of thing is what TW do as their dayjobs. (alongside making awesome games, that is :D)

Upvote 0
Nice logo, Miro! - you should apply as a graphic artist with the mod if you have commitment and time.. :)

BTW - what is the Japanese text? It would be a shame to discover that the sweet logo included extracts from an instruction manual for a multi-speed vibrator or something. ;)

Ty Nestor :)
Already applied via the website.

Those japanese texts are just me playing with some japanese brushes :D
Dunno if i put some interesting sense in it ^^
It isn't a point imo as they are almost readable so :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
天皇平価万歳!

Well somehow I knew a bit that something like this could come out, as someone asked for a bayonet mounted on a mg42 and Yoshiro mentioned "Japanese are not yet in the game!" so one could take this for a hint or drop it as a joke. As I heard the factual news about Rising Storm I jumped on my chair cheering, finally a chance to fight for the 大日本帝国 and kick some evil marine raiders arse'!

I've also yet read how the development of this expansion shall work, about modders called to "arms" and about TWI's role in this. To be honest I'd really like to sign up for the development team for RS but I'm a bit unsure if I'm capable of using the UED 4.0 as I've achieved excellent results with the UED 3.0 for UE 2.0. But this doesn't automatically say either I'm good with the new one and neither it says I'm too bad for it.

If someone could tell me this I'd be thankful. Of course I'd start of learning how to use the UED 4.0 cause I don't want to miss the action.

Yet I'm looking forward to this expansion pack and yet it's funny as it's announced and I'm learning Japanese. This is great! So I can write my own signs and such! Great!

Upvote 0