• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire talks Stalingrad to Voodoo Extreme

Voodoo Extreme have just posted a new article on Heroes of Stalingrad, over on the Voodoo Extreme website. We sat down with Peter Eykemans at GDC 2010 last week and discussed a whole bunch of Heroes stuff with him. In the article, he is able to spill some new beans for you all to read about! On top of that, a nice bunch of high resolution screenshots, revealing one of the new levels. Head over there and take a look.

Finally some real news!

I'm really glad that there seems to be so much innovation. Player progession will have me hooked for months no doubt, and the multiplayer campaign thingy sounds great as well! Just as mentioned in the article I've found myself totally immersed on one map, just for it to be followed it by some crappy map and everything gone. Graphics don't look revolutionary crysis 3 style but good enough for me, though I have to say that the green building itself looks kinda extremly clean from the screenshots, don't know how good that fits with ruins around it. Then again it's all about the mixture of different atmospheres, if this is one of the 'sunnier' maps I'm sure there's loads of gritty dark ones/winter ones etc. as well.

I wonder if there are any night maps though? Usually you have the problem that when you make night maps too dark hardly anyone plays them, but if they're too light then there's no real 'night' atmosphere. But looking at how innovative TWI seems to be, I'm sure they'd find a new way to handle this as well :D

Another thing I think that would be important are phyiscs, at least to a HL2-esque extent where you shoot small objects etc.

Upvote 0
A change from the radar system to another system sounds snappy :)

Nice screens !

I'm happy to see that my suggestion of gametype (countdown) will be in Heroes of Stalingrad ! Can't wait !

I don't think that anyone can claim that suggestion though, its been suggested since before roost, and I've seen it on multiple forums for multiple games. I'm just glad that it finally made it into a game after such a long time.

However for me in regards to clanplay, having reinforcements so you need to manage your reinforcements and cut off the enemies reinforcements is part of the fun in tactics. And with that I truly hope that not all maps will be push maps but allow for fighting over multiple (yet limited) fronts, so people need to decide how to split up forces.

-----

Although the main point for me, remains a change in the actual cap system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0