• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official First Statement on Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
Ok, here is the official statement on the game for now. Yes there is an article about our new UE3 game Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad in the UK and US PC Gamer magazines. Frankly, we're more than a bit surprised at the timing of the release of the article. To put it quite bluntly we thought this would hit after the release of Killing Floor. As such we'll be doing a bit of a scramble to get our PR efforts in order while we are in the middle of getting another game ready to ship.

I know many of you have been waiting a very long time for this news, and I am very happy that we can finally confirm what we've been working on these past three years. RO:HOS (as we call it) is real, its using UE3, and its awesome Just bear with us while we recover from this unexpected announcement and in the immortal words of Battlestar Galactica - all will be revealed.

For now, we're not going to say anything else about the game. We'll let the article speak for itself. As Alan mentioned please don't post scans of the article on this forum. Additionally, please don't post quotes of text from the article on these forums. Our proper PR effort will begin in earnest soon, so you'll get more from us on that in the coming days.

I... Cannot help but being a bit disappointed it's not the first Korean War fps, or something that covers the whole war, winter war and poland/norway/france included, or even the spanish civil war, but, well, I'll do with eastern front game.

Now I'll just have to ransom old ladies in the neighbourhood to get myself a new computer...

Exactly my thoughts. I have no doubts the game will be great but WWII again and then this cliche name with heroes in it (war isn't heroic) and Stalingrad (teh battle that turned teh TIDE !1!!!1!).

I should care less at least there will be a WWI mod for it :rolleyes:

Upvote 0