• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official First Statement on Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

I wonder how the cover system will be.

Like if it's tied to a cover key or context sensitive.

If it uses a key I wonder if it wi ll make you face with your back against the cover and then pop out to the side/above it?

Also wonder when the forums will be fully open, I got idea's and suggestions :D.

Upvote 0
Just saw the preview article and I must say the game looked very nice and gritty! The theme doesn't bother me much, sure Stalingrad and WW2 have been covered many times before, but I believe TWI can take an unique direction with it due to the experience and knowledge they have regarding the scenario. Actually, I'd love an atmospheric and diverse skirmish in old Russia.

Building a game for some completely different era or theatre would be too time-consuming and expensive for such team like TWI anyways.

My only wish is that the game would be similar to RO:OST in terms of realism, but with all the necessary improvements people have been suggesting along the years for the original game.

Upvote 0
Just saw the preview article and I must say the game looked very nice and gritty! The theme doesn't bother me much, sure Stalingrad and WW2 have been covered many times before, but I believe TWI can take an unique direction with it due to the experience and knowledge they have regarding the scenario. Actually, I'd love an atmospheric and diverse skirmish in old Russia.

Building a game for some completely different era or theatre would be too time-consuming and expensive for such team like TWI anyways.

My only wish is that the game would be similar to RO:OST in terms of realism, but with all the necessary improvements people have been suggesting along the years for the original game.

Just saw it too and I have to agree 100% on the visuals, it looks great. I'm going to wait untill there's more info and videos on the gameplay before I pass any judgement on that I guess. Anyway though, fantastic news! 2010 can't come fast enough!

Upvote 0
I was almost certain that a version of Unreal 3 engine would be made. After that they pushed the engine they use now to the utmost, I look forward to seeing what they can achieve now. Unreal engines have always been the best-programmed engines with good physics and graphics. Compared with other graphics engines, Unreal requires almost nothing from your computer.

Can't Wait! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If its comming out in 2010 with a bit of luck physX will be supported by opencl meaning ati cards will support it too then. Then that would mean that all videocard types by time of release will support physx, meaning it could be used for gameplay rather than just visuals.
Or recycle your old nVidia 8 series and higher and use that for PhysX acceleration. ;)
I've got myself an nVidia 9400 GT for 20 euro's, specifically for PhysX.
While my HD4870 1GB is my render device...

I don't think gameplay physics will be used much, it's a multiplayer game after all. And the ballistics used in Ostfront 41-45 already were bandwidth hogs...

Upvote 0
I think Darkest Hour is implementing a suppression system in their next release? Perhaps it's similar to that, but hopefully it's not something that would get really annoying after awhile.

I think any sort of suppression would get annoying after a while, whats wrong with the way RO was to begin with? Seems like TWI is going overboard for the nubs who don't want to learn to use the game. (as stated with the learning curve in the article)

EDIT: However when I look at the screenshots again, that PPSH is clearly firing towards the MG42, but there is no shaking of the screen or blurring of the vision. Perhaps by suppression he literally just meant bullets that can kill are flying over your head.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or recycle your old nVidia 8 series and higher and use that for PhysX acceleration. ;)
I've got myself an nVidia 9400 GT for 20 euro's, specifically for PhysX.
While my HD4870 1GB is my render device...

I don't think gameplay physics will be used much, it's a multiplayer game after all. And the ballistics used in Ostfront 41-45 already were bandwidth hogs...

I bought a GTX-260 Super Clocked 216core GPU and it smokes all games. UT3 runs uber smooth, COD:WAW runs perfectly, The only two games I have issues with is COH: Bad graphics code, and CrysisWarhead: Even worse bad Shader code.

Upvote 0