• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Streets of Stalingrad

Thanks to the custom map server and others that have hosted my map I've received valuable feedback. I've managed to lower the draw call to a maximum of 2700 in the toughest spot and that's down from 3700, overall average draw call is under 2000 which I'm happy about. Some adjustments needed for spawn protection.

People still have a hard time working together and destroying objects to flank objectives, I may just remove them and save people the hassle of thinking there's only one way to attack an objective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The stock map solution is to have satchel pickups on relevant ammunition spots.

It would allow anyone to open up flanks. I would consider that solution both to lessen player frustration and because it is in keeping with TWI map design features.

Note that on stock maps the barriers tend to make things awkward but not impassable. With small passages between lines of barbed wire for example.

Upvote 0
The stock map solution is to have satchel pickups on relevant ammunition spots.

It would allow anyone to open up flanks. I would consider that solution both to lessen player frustration and because it is in keeping with TWI map design features.

I agree, this alleviates much of the problem on engineers who don't know the map or haven't a clue how to play the class.

I like having the destroyables, it adds a teamwork requirement and suspense.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thank you for your work on this map. I got stuck near a building (sorry for this very bad picture):

Spoiler!

I might do a list of identification on the map itself, so blue = tunnel entrance, yellow = destructible

This was the first time I played on this map. When I opened the overhead map I was quite confused: a lot of yellow squares, a lot of blue squares and most of all no "clear" picture of the situation.

I don't know if it's possible or not, or if you'll do it later when you have time, but why don't you use the same symbol as on official maps for destructible objects?

Even if Stalingrad is devastated there are some general lines/ways/directions than you can follow in order to go somewhere. Buildings don't seem to appear on the map. I guess the map is generated automatically but as it is very detailed it is quite unreadable. Which is sad because the map seems to be huge.

Despite this I had a lot of fun: thank you!

Attachments

• streets stalingrad stuck.jpg
    streets stalingrad stuck.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Have a new version but it won't upload to Workshop so I'm waiting for that to work itself out before I release... I've added a 30 second delay before the German spawns are activated so it gives time for the Soviets to retreat without dying.

Extended the spawn protection on German spawn at E to prevent Soviets from camping at the side.

Done some draw distance tweaking

Fixed the lighting so there's no pitch black shadows

Upvote 0
I'd really like to have a spawn system that's similar to the Darkest Hour one, it would save all the trouble of having to place protections all over the area

Yeah, I actually liked this type of spawn system, a lot. I'm sure you could set it up, I'm guessing you can still use teleporting in the sdk. I used it for my MN map.

Upvote 0