• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RSTE-OtoriShima

some points after playing on a full server:
- very easy to get lost, lose all sense of direction, teamates would come out of bushes from the opposite direction you were going (one of the reasons for the tks) (mostly happened up until E cap)
- no clear path to B, roads lead past the B cap to C and D, and the bushes block the B cap so you don't even know (witnessed half my team take the road to C before B was even touched)
- way too many of those bushes everywhereeee (compared to maps like Hanto, Guadal, Angaur), made it very frustrating to have proper firefights and navigate through the area, just so much randomness as to where people came out from (both Allies and Axis)
- spawns on the last cap, for Axis at least, are really weird

otherwise it was fun, I didn't have problems with the uniforms. Ill try to play allied side next time this map is on 40-1 and the allied side isn't so stacked

That why you need a good commander to use their flare. It makes you be more aware. Uniforms will be changed as soon as Betio gets released. I tried balancing between CQC and long distance. I yet to see the map my self with 64 players. I'll keep an eye Cap B. ;)

Thanks for feedback. :D

Beautiful map as always, Wolverine. Question, though: why did you choose not to use the rain emitter included in RS? Is it for performance reasons? I ask because RS's unused rain emitter has a very nice splash effect that spawns wherever a raindrop falls, and I thought it would add greatly to the rainy atmosphere in your map.

Not only performance wise, but it would be hard to control where it rains in your map. It would be raining indoors as well. It would be nice if they can make a volume so you can use for building, house, etc for it not to rain indoors. If I remember correctly ut2004 had a volume to do that.

:)

Ok. I'm going to pull this in on Crucible. I may feature it in the Tues OGG event. Stay tuned...

Please, Hit me up if you do, id like to see how it plays with full server. Thanks! ;)

Upvote 0
We played yesterday again on full server. First round finished after ~25 mins, second after over 20. American cap zones are very hard to defend in opinion of the players. They say they cant set up proper defence, no time for it and too much confusion where to go. Changing round time wouldn`t make the map more fun and IMO objectives should be redesigned a bit. There should be not so many bushes around them and maybe some defensive structures added. I think that above issues should be addressed in a first place. Just opinion.

Upvote 0
We played yesterday again on full server. First round finished after ~25 mins, second after over 20. American cap zones are very hard to defend in opinion of the players. They say they cant set up proper defence, no time for it and too much confusion where to go. Changing round time wouldn`t make the map more fun and IMO objectives should be redesigned a bit. There should be not so many bushes around them and maybe some defensive structures added. I think that above issues should be addressed in a first place. Just opinion.

I'm tempted on moving the Axis spawns back a bit to balance things out a bit, and fortifying some of the caps. I'm also curious to see what type of feedback i get from RS/TWI team. Stay Tuned! ;)

Upvote 0
This is definitely one of those maps that it takes a few plays to start to get your bearings and that is GOOD; it is challenging and that makes the map all the more fun to play. As Mike said tonight, right now you have it just about right in most places where the players decide the outcome, and not the map deciding.

Looking forward to the next version.

Upvote 0
updated Sep 28, 2013

updated Sep 28, 2013

Changelog:

v3: Sep 28, 2013

- Cooked for new patch.
- Removed 1st cap ( Gimme cap)
Barracks is now 1st cap.
- Added new last Obj. (Intact Hangars)
- Added more debris in some area that looked empty.
- Adjusted some floating meshes.
- Removed some unnecessary foliage.
- Added more detail inside buildings.
- Added Fixed MG's for all caps.
- Most of the cover has been added. can now deploy MG's in most
areas.
- Added all necessary ladder volumes. Can now scale many
objects.
- Fix areas where you saw dark patches under water (ocean).
- Added more environmental sounds.
- Fixed where skybox was flickering after you got killed.
- Changed out Skybox mesh. smoother polys.
- Fixed lighting inside bunkers, building.
- Added blocking volumes where they were needed.
- Fixed Rain sounds ( I think :confused:)
-Adjust thunder and lightning activation timers.

Credit:

TWI & Rising Storm Team(AntiMatter Games)
Twrecks For the Name of the Map.
RGN - Raiders Game Net
Drecks
Moskeeto
=GG= Mr Moe
[40-1]MORD
VietViking
Marta
G_Sajer
kr

Last edited:
Upvote 0