• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RSTE-OtoriShima

Otori-Shima is number 22 at the menu on my favorite Japanese take away.
Its a wellknown Japanese dish. It's fried seagull in a lightsalty soja stuffed
with Japanese red onions.

The island was known for the countless seagulls. So the name Otori-Shima was
a logical pick. Only God knows how many crates with Japanese red onions and
soja where shipped to the place.

Upvote 0
Map Name changes now cost Steam games (on my wishlist).

Np, gonna hook you up next time! :D

FYI, the IJA called the Atoll Otori-Shima.

Thank You for this! Here is some love. ;)

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Thank You for this! Here is some love. ;)

:eek: No need, just a point of historic fact. The defense of Wake by American Marines and civilians was heroic. The 5" shore batteries accounted for the first Japanese ships and sub sunk by U.S. forces. The few hundred defenders accounted for an estimated over 1,200 Japanese dead and around 15 aircraft destroyed, plus hold the only record of a landing force being repelled during the war. After a 16 day seige, and final U.S. surrender on December 22nd 1941, Adm. Sadamichi Kajioka renamed the atoll Otori Shima.

By the way, it was raining most of the time :D

Upvote 0
:eek: No need, just a point of historic fact. The defense of Wake by American Marines and civilians was heroic. The 5" shore batteries accounted for the first Japanese ships and sub sunk by U.S. forces. The few hundred defenders accounted for an estimated over 1,200 Japanese dead and around 15 aircraft destroyed, plus hold the only record of a landing force being repelled during the war. After a 16 day seige, and final U.S. surrender on December 22nd 1941, Adm. Sadamichi Kajioka renamed the atoll Otori Shima.

By the way, it was raining most of the time :D

Raining? ok change the maps name back to Downpour again..............

Upvote 0
lol you bastards.....STOP IT! My head is spinning :p No more name changes, I don't have money to buy Yoshiro or and other Dev any games. :D

Guys please keep in mind, I'm only going to use the name for this map. I've removed the outer islands from the map already, so geographically looks noting like wake anymore.

And the only weapon might get removed is the flamethrower, and that's all gonna depend on beta testing, which hopefully will start later on today.

Upvote 0
And the only weapon might get removed is the flamethrower, and that's all gonna depend on beta testing, which hopefully will start later on today.

I wouldn't remove the flamethrower unless historically it couldn't possibly have been there. It's a core part of Rising Storm's asymetrical gameplay. Balance your map around the roles that are in the game, not the other way around.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't remove the flamethrower unless historically it couldn't possibly have been there. It's a core part of Rising Storm's asymetrical gameplay. Balance your map around the roles that are in the game, not the other way around.

Hmmmm, Since the map is going up for judging by TWI, this is probably a hint to keep it in there.

Personally, it sounds more like it should be left out and if you didn't care about the judging aspect of the contest, I would say do what you think is best Wolverine.

Upvote 0

yes please, historically it wasnt there (Dec of 1941), don't know if you really care about historical stuff or not though. A night defence map AND raining, why would anybody ever deploy a flamethrower?

your decision though, and if you think it serves well for the gameplay of the map then it's not like im gunna boycott this map or anything. :cool:

Upvote 0
What I So to my map(s) it all depends on YOU the community!

The was the reason why i changed the map name to Downpour before was to get away from historical stuff a bit.

Personally I like all the weapons in RO2/RS. So it really doesn't matter to me what weapon was were, or what year...ect.

So I'll do whats best for my map(s) to be played a lot! :D

Upvote 0