• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]RSTE-PhosphatePlant

quick q: I'm adding this to our rogame.ini file - can you guys see if this is correct?

Code:
[te-custommap ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=RSTE-PhosphatePlant-B4
FriendlyName=PhosphatePlant-B4
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.MapSelect_Community>
Description=PhosphatePlant-B4
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_PhosphatePlant-B4
MapTips=RSTEPhosphatePlant-B4
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly

Also it seems I need to setup a redirect somewhere for people to download this - where is a good site to host?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,

[RSTE-PhosphatePlant-B4 ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=RSTE-PhosphatePlant-B4
FriendlyName=RSTE-PhosphatePlant
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapTips=
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly

Download here file .ini http://alain.gely.perso.sfr.fr/CustomRO2/MapsCustom/

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem with this map - I downloaded from a server today, but every time it tries to load RO2 crashes to the desktop. I'd try downloading it from the links in the first post, but I can't (thanks, Great Firewall, being really helpful as usual) so can anyone offer advice as to what's gone wrong? I'm only hearing good things about this map and I'd love to play it.

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem with this map - I downloaded from a server today, but every time it tries to load RO2 crashes to the desktop. I'd try downloading it from the links in the first post, but I can't (thanks, Great Firewall, being really helpful as usual) so can anyone offer advice as to what's gone wrong? I'm only hearing good things about this map and I'd love to play it.
delete it from your cache, shut off your firewall and dl it from the link peumobil provided.

Upvote 0
Fantastic map! Those last two objectives are a real rush, complex CQB fights are something that have been missing from RO2 (apartments doesn't really count!). Americans really have the weapons advantage with that huge rate of fire and the flamethrower, but the Japs are holed up and can slaughter yanks coming in. Beautiful!

Upvote 0
Played it on the Crucible, then on the [40-1] server, really nice map, lots of details, many bushes to cut the line of sight and artillery holes/trees/rocks to get physical cover. I'm happy to see it played on several servers :)

-

Feels a bit thin for high population games though, haven't been able to play with more than 35 players so I can't really tell, but at 30-something it's already well occupied.

The last part (with the buildings) is pretty difficult for the Allies (even if they can manage it), while it's very easy to flank the trenches (perhaps help the Axis get back into the capzone, with more routes for them, a slightly larger capzone on their side ; I don't know what would work).

The holes in the corrugated iron sheets are an excellent idea: it offers shooting capacities for both side (interior and exterior) while not providing a "perfect" shooting spot at the same time, it breaks the rigid mold of "the standard building with A, B and C entries". Very good point there.

The small wooden bunkers are a nice little touch, and could really shine, however the front is often too close to bushes and it's too easy to flank them. They end acting as small cabins, and rapidly as coffins once a flamethrower gets there or someone throw a grenade through the rear access from the flank.

Maybe clear the vegetation in front of them a little, maybe make a little stair/slop so the occupants can leave the bunker more easily.

-

Found a little glitch (B5 version) on one of the "standard" bunker (capzone E - Plant approach).

-> Location

-> Glitch a (can see through the front of the bunker while prone)

-> Glitch b (can see through the side of the bunker while prone)

Upvote 0