• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Der Iwan Berg

danh

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2012
Hello! I made this map in about four days. My inspiration came from Korean war/Vietnam war games and films. This was my first map idea but I scrapped it due to my lack of skills.

It is a standard assault map with three caps. The Germans are trying to break through the Russian lines to attack the village beyond the hill. There are barbed wires blocking their path and the Russians also control the roadways. German infantry units were ordered to take out the Russian stronghold with as many men as possible. They have no tank support or aerial/artillery support. Russians have limited mortars.

B3

Download

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22989472/TE-DerIwanBerg_B3_PlayerFiles.7z

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22991750/TE-DerIwanBerg_B3_ServerFIles.7z

Download from link and Extract into
Documents\my games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published\CookedPC\Maps

Workshop

Updates:
Spoiler!

Hope you guys enjoy! Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
As I was finishing yestrday's file update I told some of the guys to jump in and see what it was all about. So I'm puttering around and listening to the chatter on TS. And I keep hearing stuff like "This is awesum." And I'm thinking: "childish exuberence from young/old men." Then I got into the MAP and the whole thing was like walking through the mirror into Khe Sanh. But the unique thing about the map is the incredibly close proximity of the adversaries. It's the epitome of the Russian General staff concept of "hugging the enemy." Which is going to make the use of the morters a clever and perilous thing. It's like jumping into a dusty hell and fighting for your life; on either side. The intensity never lets up. There is little time to plan, except maybe for the TL, if he's not pinned down. This thing is brilliant. I begged Danh not to "break it" through impulsive changes. :) It must be tweaked carefully. This one is exciting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So far some changes I need to do:

Spawn protections! I forgot that when there are a few people on the map. They tend to roam freely without being shot and some have ventured into enemy spawns.

I noticed that when there are few people that the Axis team also steamroll. I can't change it for 64 servers, but for 32 and 16 I will adjust the spawn times.

The Allies have access to two HMG and two mortar calls. I haven't seen them use it that often. This could be why Axis have been steamrolling once they learned the map.

The last cap, the Bunkers, will be changed up a little. I might add a new tunnel and some more cover and cover nodes.

Upvote 0
So far some changes I need to do:

Spawn protections! I forgot that when there are a few people on the map. They tend to roam freely without being shot and some have ventured into enemy spawns.

I noticed that when there are few people that the Axis team also steamroll. I can't change it for 64 servers, but for 32 and 16 I will adjust the spawn times.

The Allies have access to two HMG and two mortar calls. I haven't seen them use it that often. This could be why Axis have been steamrolling once they learned the map.

The last cap, the Bunkers, will be changed up a little. I might add a new tunnel and some more cover and cover nodes.

:) It'll take weeks for players to figure out the map dynamics. Right now both sides are kind of crashing into each other with gusto. I'm sure teams will get a better feel for it in a week or so. Great job.

Upvote 0
This map is dangerous, loads of pushing, death, bayos, and even more death :p. It's fun with small numbers, and even more hectic with a full server, the setting is nice and it's really different from what we usually see. Besides some minor tweaks, it's a hilariously fun map made in a short period of time. GG Danh!

Now, here are some pics from the bayo only round we had on the nearly full 40-1 Classic server ^__^

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Here are some photos of the two wars that inspired this map.

Battle of Khe Sanh:
Spoiler!

Chinese Counterattack in the Korean war:
Spoiler!

I was a little angry people weren't downloading the large custom maps because it took too long. So I made a smaller one that is only 45mb. It should be a 3 to 5 minute download at most.

Last edited:
Upvote 0