• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] TE-Yakovlevo

:D

Just got it running. Went in to look around. Jumped in a t-34.

Arrived in villiage where I engaged Pzkw IVs. Fired the main weapon a few times. Then I noticed a commander perched in the hatch. I pressed the secondary weapon key in hopes to hit him. :eek: What happened next took my breath away. The mantle mg hit the tank and two others near it. Except the ammunition effect was as though the mg was firing 76mm ap on full auto. The three mk IVs lit up like no tomorrow. I thought wow.
I swung the turret again and targetted another. Pressed the secondary fire and lit it up like an A-10 had hit it with a full belt of 30mm gatling!

Whoa! I pulled it out of rotation. Can't let the pubbies have this one just yet. What a hell-of-an "Easter-egg!" :)

By the way, this is a beautiful map. But we gotta tone down that MG. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:D

Just got it running. Went in to look around. Jumped in a t-34.

Arrived in villiage where I engaged Pzkw IVs. Fired the main weapon a few times. Then I noticed a commander perched in the hatch. I pressed the secondary weapon key in hopes to hit him. :eek: What happened next took my breath away. The mantle mg hit the tank and two others near it. Except the ammunition effect was as though the mg was firing 76mm ap on full auto. The three mk IVs lit up like no tomorrow. I thought wow.
I swung the turret again and targetted another. Pressed the secondary fire and lit it up like an A-10 had hit it with a full belt of 30mm gatling!

Whoa! I pulled it out of rotation. Can't let the pubbies have this one just yet. What a hell-of-an "Easter-egg!" :)

By the way, this is a beautiful map. But we gotta tone down that MG. :D

Sorry G_Sajer, this isn't an Easter Egg. There is nothing in the map to illicit this MG destruction.

This is a known TWI issue/bug. It happens on every tank only map vs bot tanks, especially during off-line play testing. BTW, you don't even have to hit the tank, just aim in the general direction. Works better the further the tank is from you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry G_Sajer, this isn't an Easter Egg. There is nothing in the map to illicit this MG destruction.

This is a known TWI issue/bug. It happens on every tank only map vs bot tanks, especially during off-line play testing. BTW, you don't even have to hit the tank, just aim in the general direction. Works better the further the tank is from you.
+1 its a bug.

Upvote 0

Holy Toledo. I wonder why I have never noticed this phenom in Gumrak or the now (sadly) dead Kursk map. I've played those maps with tons of bots.
It's a wonder the kids havn't used it as an exploit to make a trash heap of severs featuring the Gumrak map. I'm floored I don't know about this. Gotta look into it further.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its been there since day1,but TWI have done nothing about it since it only happens against bots, very few people know about it,lets keep it that way.:IS2:

:cool: Agreed. But I stumbled across it quite accidentally. And its hard to imagine I had never noticed this in Gumrak. I'm absolutely stunned! I guess I'll put Twrecks map back in rotation and pray. And then there is Arrad2 tanks only.

Sh-sh-shudder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now if only i could fix my smoke problem on this map:

ScreenShot00003-2.png

ScreenShot00012-1.png

ScreenShot00022-3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Major_Day,

You do have the Beta right? I still have the distance blur, but NO distance fog. Those sceenshots look to have distance fog, atleast the first and second pics look like distance fog. That or the dust effect looks way off, and that's not me. Don't understand why it looks that way for you. Like to see your ROGame.ini

Two of the shots are from the pre-release.

Upvote 0
:)

At first glance, I think people are going to like this map. I know a lot of people shy away from tanks, but back in the day when I was at RTR we ruled at tanks. A lot of our older members love them. Which is why I'm so intent on acquiring more tank maps. Once folks understand the relative simplicity of jumping from driver to gunner, and get a basic idea on how to use the range finders, you can do brilliant things.

Upvote 0
Thanks G_Sajer :)

I was on your server last night playing Barashka for several rounds when my map was voted in. Everyone left :(

Hard to get feedback if no one even plays it...

I need to cook a Countdown version tommorow. prolly going to take the intro music out, as it also played at the end of match in a very annoying way with the stock music.

The map also looked incrediably sparce after Barashka. Being a Tank map, I really optimized it, maybe went too far. I only have a GTX295 so want to be able to get good frame rates with my old hardware.

Still haven't figured out Wolvy's black smoke issue either.

Bots are driving me nuts, can't get them to go where they should. prefer the old path nodes, it was absolute. Nav mesh is new, just need to wrap my melon around it. Least the AI is using the bridges now, had to scale them up considerably.

/rant.

Upvote 0
That's strange i can order the bots about and they usually go where they're told (most of them anyway)
Barashka is overdone,there's too much of everything,its not a tank map in the same way as the original was and its a resource hog.
If you want to compare the map compare it to Arad2, Ogledow and Kursk,and it stands up very well alongside those 3.
These 4 maps will always be on my server (whenever they get recooked)
The Steam Workshop is new so very few players if any will have had the map when it was voted on,but its the same for all the custom maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0