• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] TE-Yakovlevo

Bad decision.
We see enough fantasy & stupidity in this game. It would be refreshing to see a realistic approach instead of "game play optimizations".

Actually the map ended up about 1/4 scale (2.6 km square opposed to 10km square). Bad estimate and translation to Unreal Units on my part. Made what felt good to me, yet maintaining a sense of place. Consider it "artistic license". Next map will be more realistic in size. Thanks for the feedback :)

Upvote 0
Bad decision.
We see enough fantasy & stupidity in this game. It would be refreshing to see a realistic approach instead of "game play optimizations".

If you are going to make a comment like that, at least elaborate with facts or give us more details on your opinion.

And I will echo Major Day, what is the scale of the maps you are making in your precious spare time that you will share with us? :p

Upvote 0
Stop feeding the troll guys. Comment was obviously made to solicit angst. IMHO scale is the 1st issue a map encounters and to which the level designer commits. Changing the size typically means hitting the reset button and starting over. Believe me, I played with several sizes before settling in on what TE-Yakovlevo is now, and meant a lot of trial versions which the public will never see. I'm happy with my selection. In the words of Marc LeBlanc, "Fail Fast, Follow the Fun".

Upvote 0
Sorry G_Sajer, this isn't an Easter Egg. There is nothing in the map to illicit this MG destruction.

This is a known TWI issue/bug. It happens on every tank only map vs bot tanks, especially during off-line play testing. BTW, you don't even have to hit the tank, just aim in the general direction. Works better the further the tank is from you.

Could you or Major_Day PM Ramm with details on what you both have experienced with this Alt-fire bug? I replicated it twice again this morning; this time with both German and Russian tanks. But Ramm is having trouble replicating it. In particular He'd like to know if this occurs off-line as well as in servers. I have only seen this behavior on-line. Since you both have an experience with the phenomena that pre-dates what I have observed, it might be helpful if you could lend him some coroborrative info to help him isolate this.

Upvote 0
done.

I was under the impression TWI knew about this. Best have fun raining hell while I still can, just not on your server :p

Thank you.

I guess they didn't know about it. I get the sense that significant numbers of players may have known about it for quite awhile. Funny it was never reported as a bug. It is just intermittant enough where most folks might not
see it often unless they are actively trying to make it happen. :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone playing this map?

Haven't heard anything positive/negative about the level, only about RO2 bugs.

/fishing

:) Yours still continues to be the top map on our tank server. We have nothing but fun with it. Nothing bad to report. Between me, Budny, and a small group of dedicated tankers, it seems to be the favorite. If there is anything that can be pointed to as a "problem," it is folks reluctance to tackle tanks as a role of first choice. That is changing, but at a cautious pace. As I've said before, we are always interested in tank maps. The more exposure the public gets to them, the better.

With regard to RO2 bugs, the only one I see as being an issue is the one we've discussed in the recent past. I have heard nothing privately or publicly from Ramm since I sent details on replication. I'm sure he doesn't care to draw much attention to stuff like that, so my hope is that they've seen it and will address it in some future update. I cant say I've seen a lot of trouble with it as an exploit on our server. I think our players know how we feel about it at this point. :D

Upvote 0
Cheers G_Sajer

Looks like I need to chat with Budny, as he seems to have the most experience.

I've been busy fixxoring my computer and now am finally back working on an updated version of Yakovlevo. Repaired many of the obvious errors and mesh mis-alignments.

Unless I broke something, this will be the "final" TE/CD version, as I have other things to be working on for the Vehicle Team. When transports are released, I'll prep a combined arms version for testing vehicle roles/code.

I have dreams of a larger tank map, as Orel_at_dawn has inspired me to make something even bigger than Yakovlevo. Possibly Kapisova at the Dukla Pass (another epic tank battle).

Upvote 0
Cheers G_Sajer

Looks like I need to chat with Budny, as he seems to have the most experience.

I've been busy fixxoring my computer and now am finally back working on an updated version of Yakovlevo. Repaired many of the obvious errors and mesh mis-alignments.

Unless I broke something, this will be the "final" TE/CD version, as I have other things to be working on for the Vehicle Team. When transports are released, I'll prep a combined arms version for testing vehicle roles/code.

I have dreams of a larger tank map, as Orel_at_dawn has inspired me to make something even bigger than Yakovlevo. Possibly Kapisova at the Dukla Pass (another epic tank battle).

:D That's all great news to us. Budney is the guy to go to for technical information on these battles. He could probably teach a college level 3 credit course on the 1943 phase of this campaign. Is "Orel" available in a beta form yet, or still being tested?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
1/4/2013: updated files in OP

Changelog:

1. Added Countdown version to public downloads (known initial spawn issue for defenders and objective list showing 5 when only 3 are used).
2. Added repair/supply station at church, moved up Axis repair/supply.
3. Added Atmospherics on terrain, more arty decals, few more trees and shrubs, plus modified stock grass in two flavors (brown and green).
4. Tweaked Terrains (now 3), adding "berms" and more "realistic" variation.
5. Fixed mis-behaving destructibles, plus a few more to be blown up/driven over.
6. Added river crossing for Axis rear spawn.
7. Adjusted volumes and playback for intro music and attenuation for siren.
8. Tweaked nav mesh and AI.
9. Adjusted mesh placements/scale, fixing mis-alignments and usage.
10. Adjusted lighting, and added distance fog.
11. Moved Map bounds out to extreme limits, and moved back spawn protection volumes.
12. Things I can't remember doing.
13. Removed the beta suffix, was "TE-Yakovlevo_B1", is "TE-Yakovlevo".
14. Removed props package for servers.
15. Renamed props package, was "Props_Yakovlevo", is "props_yakov".

Enjoy :)

Upvote 0
Still a few problems to overcome,one of them major.
Allied bots don't leave spawn unless commanded to leave by a real player.
Round didn't end despite Allies having capped all obj.'s see video here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s0j9baqlckw5a0q

Sorry about the quality,but it was just a quick conversion to keep the file as small as possible.

At the very start of the movie you'll see by the map that the Allies have capped all the obj's..........but the game carried on,in fact it went to Overtime, and the Axis won the next time they capped.
Axis bots seem to be working perfetctly and know what they're doing all the time,Allied tend to cap a zone,then just sit there until commanded to move by a human platoon leader.:IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AFAIK, there's nothing that would cause the allies not to win after taking all 3 objectives, seems fine for the Axis. Very wierd. Dunno why the Ally bots just hang in their spawn either, though they do respond to commands well.
Must be a problem in my Kismet :p

Zip files in the workshop is correct. I'll try changing it to the ROE and Props.upk, had problems with multiple files and the 200MB cap. Maybe this has been fixed.

Looks like I have some work to do...

Upvote 0