• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] TE-Yakovlevo

Thanks G_Sajer :)

I was on your server last night playing Barashka for several rounds when my map was voted in. Everyone left :(

Hard to get feedback if no one even plays it...

I need to cook a Countdown version tommorow. prolly going to take the intro music out, as it also played at the end of match in a very annoying way with the stock music.

The map also looked incrediably sparce after Barashka. Being a Tank map, I really optimized it, maybe went too far. I only have a GTX295 so want to be able to get good frame rates with my old hardware.

Still haven't figured out Wolvy's black smoke issue either.

Bots are driving me nuts, can't get them to go where they should. prefer the old path nodes, it was absolute. Nav mesh is new, just need to wrap my melon around it. Least the AI is using the bridges now, had to scale them up considerably.

/rant.

:) Relax. I'll tell you a couple things that may give you some reassurance. What you describe here about pubbie behavior is typical for any new map. But our tank server has a small dedicated following from both inside and ourside the clan. But they are on mostly during the day.

I can tell you that there isn't a custom map I've introduced that hasn't gone through a period of public indecision. Part of it is psycological and part of it is hardware related. Take Climbup for example. I'll bet two weeks went by before more than a few people poked around with it. Now all of a sudden a few folks have gotten in there and realized what an interesting and complex piece of work it is. Now it's getting some action. Winterwald was the same way. The first week it was: (in a very naselly voice) "Not this one again. I hate the fog." Now it has become a staple.
Here's another thing. I've got a small but strident crowd begging for tank maps. There's a perception out there no one likes tanks. Not true, but many folks are intimidated by them because they take a little getting used to in terms of handling and their function on the battlefield. For a time, tank maps were hugely popular in RO1. Once folks know how to use that main gun, it's holy cow! I've recently got my 900meter kill award. Here's something else that plays a role. Broadband limitations. I've written about it before, and have gone through enormous struggles with clan members over it. A lot of people dread downloading ANY map. And they dread dealing with the complexities of file cleanup in the wake of beta updates. In many cases, they have to be dragged through it kicking and screaming. And many of them are not kids. They are experienced gamers. Yet they think they can choke down a map and play competively with a 1.544MB/s waxed can and cord. I cant describe the whining. "I've been downloading this map for 50 minutes!" To which I say: "you got the chops fer this hobby fella?" Invest in it. You show up to a formula 1 race with a rusty beater; folks gonna laugh you out of the track. This ain't a high-school kid's hobby any more. You should see a cross section of our members age demographics. Now weve had a month of grueling map file updates because of the patch. Many players are a little worn keeping up with it. I'm trying to keep four servers current. You can imagine my condition. :D But anyway, be patient. Your map has as much potential as any I've seen. And a really positive factor right now is that =TaT= seems to be the only one putting a server out there exclusively focused on tank oriented maps. See any others? Your map will only be in a relatively small rotation with other tank type maps. Distractions and competition will be minimal. So if anyone playing RO2 that seeks tanks without any other baggage will find them here, along with your map. :) How bout that?

P.S. Maybe I'll slip it in rotation on one of the regular servers as well. Just to give it further exposure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thxs for the moral support!

UR so right G_Sajer, I only released the Beta Sunday night, so need to chill.

And a big thanks to Major_Day for testing the alpha, and hosting the Beta.

Without server admins like you two, there would be no point in making custom maps.

:) That's our job. Now... I will also tell you that our tank guys just informed me that they love your map, and at least one of them has studied the historical background.

Upvote 0
downloading prop_yakovlevo failed opening file

downloading prop_yakovlevo failed opening file

ello gents

downloading prop_yakovlevo failed opening file :mad:

any advice please?

I wanna get this into the rotation asap as far as i can tell

server files & re-direct files are uploaded correctly

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
ello gents

any advice please?

Thanks in advance

:) Just guessing, but the message suggests that the required props file cant be found in the server game file folder or the redirect folder. Did you miss uploading it along with the main file perhaps?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I downloaded through mediafire and got the following

i have uploaded as a server file
prop_yakovlevo which is 20kb

i have uploaded on my redirect
prop_yakovlevo which is 57072kb

That's correct.

The server 20kb props file goes in the PCServer folder with TE-Yakovlevo_B1.upk.

The client 57072kb props file goes in the Maps folder, this is the file players need (along with the TE-Yakovlevo_B1.roe).

If you have any issues or comments about the map, please post them ASAP.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's correct.

The server 20kb props file goes in the PCServer folder with TE-Yakovlevo_B1.upk.

The client 57072kb props file goes in the Maps folder, this is the file players need (along with the TE-Yakovlevo_B1.roe).

If you have any issues or comments about the map, please post them ASAP.

Thanks.

thanks for quick response
server files are uploaded to my cookedpc file

and the props for the redirect are where all my other prop files are in the redirect

I have uploaded - the hill 911 - and arad 2 - and others with no such issue

baffled am I :confused:

Upvote 0
ello gents

any advice please?

Thanks in advance

This error means the game is trying to download the file from the game server,try turning allowdownloads=true to =false on the server.

Upvote 0
Hello Guys, I'm new to the forums. I have been a student of the Battle of Kursk for 30+ years and to see a map this accurate to historical detail brings tears to my eyes. The terrain, undulations and textures are beautiful. I had no trouble loading it and it seems to play very well. I can't wait to play it with a bunch of serious tankers. Thanks for your efforts!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's something very wrong here:
Selected Axis,stayed in camera view, no spawn in ANY of the roles.
Changed to Allies,spawned as Axis in Allied spawn,tank blew up,THEN spawned as Allies.

ScreenShot00041.jpg

ScreenShot00044.jpg

Upvote 0