• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Stalingradkessel

The suffixes are still important for the server files,so that admins can update to later versions when they are released.
Wouldn't it be more convenient for server owners if the maps didn't have suffixes? If I understand correctly, the server owners have to change the config files each time the suffix is changed along with replacing the server files. But without the suffix, all they have to do is overwrite the old server files with the new ones.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all,
For files server can be that the archive is corrupted....
I redoes a complete file immediately, while waiting for go to make a tour on our server (French Marine Corps) to see if you have errors of connections

The players who do not manage to connect on the servers have to make this trick:
Troubleshooting, clean your cache by deleting every thing in C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\My Games\Red Orchestra2\ROGame\Cache

Upvote 0
Hi all,
For files server can be that the archive is corrupted....
I redoes a complete file immediately, while waiting for go to make a tour on our server (French Marine Corps) to see if you have errors of connections

The players who do not manage to connect on the servers have to make this trick:
Troubleshooting, clean your cache by deleting every thing in C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\My Games\Red Orchestra2\ROGame\Cache
Your server is passworded.

Upvote 0
Your server is passworded.
You were too fast to connect ! Faster than me for the edition of the rotation of maps ;)

Files to .Rar are all replaced, you can again download them :)

Admin serveur:
Attention by changing the file .roe of well the past .upk tiny size
In capital letters (. UPK) the customers have systematic errors in the connection on the servers !

Of the real-life experience :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes I think the problem is a cache issue especially as lots players have still not found out about steam workshop so they are getting the files from the server redirects.
I did mention that in my opinion mappers should have used a different I'd tag for these newly cooked maps for instance instead of b3 maybe b3a, as that would have cleared many of issues.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a good idea, but the problem might come from the fact i didn't put the .props in the steam workshop, maybe i should have upload it with the map ?? :confused:
Yes that would definitely cause a problem if the players don't have that file,and the ones who already do probably have an older version in the cache.
And we thought the problems with the redirects/caches would be solved by using the Steam Workshop instead..lol

Upvote 0
Yes I think the problem is a cache issue especially as lots players have still not found out about steam workshop so they are getting the files from the server redirects.
I did mention that in my opinion mappers should have used a different I'd tag for these newly cooked maps for instance instead of b3 maybe b3a, as that would have cleared many of issues.

I don't think the map file in itself is the problem, coz as soon as you change the name from B2 to B3,it becomes a completely different map,as far as the game/server is concerned.
I think the problem is with the various files that come along with the map file(props etc.), they always have the same name that never changes,although the contents may have,even after the map name is changed.

I suggest that when you change the map name from B2 to B3, you also change the props file to Props_Stalingradkessel_B3.upk, that way you will have a different file name in the cache.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, once you get the issue mentioned above figured out... I have some opinions and suggestions on the map itself.

Random artillery still sets off this very brief but very noticeable flickering black graphical anomalies. I'm using a Radeon HD 6870 if it is any consolation, running on max settings have never given me an issue like this before in any other circumstance. If you want I can perhaps record some video of it to show you what is going on.

Secondly, the random arty is still killing players. Albeit a bit less than before, but still occurs. It really sucks to get killed by non-player artillery at the peak of play.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

Upvote 0