• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Koitos1943

This one is a close quarters urban brawl. This makes folks uncomfortable because it's, well, hard. It requires coordination. The single best improvement that could be made right this moment would be to focus on those poor bots. They spawn in numbers and generally remain trapped there. I believe something can be done with their paths. If nothing else, if it's possible to get bots to work their way toward one or more cap zones, autonimously, that would be huge. Now ideally, we want people to replace the bots, but till then, it would be nice if they could instinctively move toward cap zones. :) Beyond that, the rest of the map has good possibilities for a competitive team brawl. And, it's pretty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rekrut...I love you. Thank you for remaking this map. This was also one of my favorite maps from RO1. I was so happy to hear about it.

Another map I enjoyed that was similar was Warsaw. I don't know who made that map, but I'd love to see it in RO2.

Warsaw was one of the original maps for Red Orchestra Combined Arms.... didn't know someone made it for RO1 either... interesting.

The problem that the map had in the mod was that there was a 45 second respawn time, which I hated and put me off the map.... but if it wasn't for that, it was a nicely designed map and fun to play.

Other maps that were really good from the mod days are:

Rostov
Jucha
Donets
Die Walkure
Karlovka
Kharkov
Konigsburg
Red God of War
Sevastopol
Spartakovka
Kalinin
Ponyri
and of course.... Berlin (not to mention the maps previous noted above)

Maps that were ported over to RO1 from the mod include:

Baksan Valley
Barashka
Danzig
Hedgehog (heavily modified from the original though)
Kaukasus
Krasny Oktyabr
Stalingrad Kessel

Not including many community made maps that were brought into RO1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, TWI said they weren't planning on remaking RO1 maps, so could you please make TractorWorks? :IS2::IS2::IS2:

Isn't it a custom map though made official? or wasn't it just a custom map? Since it's the right time period I could see Tripwire making it considering they also never officially made it so it's not really remaking a RO1 map (well I hope that's there stance on it)

But I'm remaking a RO1 map myself, well expanding/changing would be the right word for it but you'll notice it when you see it.

Anyways lets not steal Rekruts thread lol (don't hurt me Rekrut I'm sorry)

Upvote 0
Isn't it a custom map though made official? or wasn't it just a custom map? Since it's the right time period I could see Tripwire making it considering they also never officially made it so it's not really remaking a RO1 map (well I hope that's there stance on it)

But I'm remaking a RO1 map myself, well expanding/changing would be the right word for it but you'll notice it when you see it.

Anyways lets not steal Rekruts thread lol (don't hurt me Rekrut I'm sorry)
No, TractorWorks has always been a custom map. That's why I think TWI would never remake it. And now we're done stealing Rekrut's thread :p

Upvote 0
I love this map. In fact, I love all of Rekrut's maps :). I'm not sure about the SMGs...I used bolts for almost the whole time I was playing Koitios43 and I was near the top of my team points wise. The numerous windows and long streets help the bolts out quite a bit and I was getting quite a few kills (along with some exciting stabby-stabbiness). The gameplay is tense and strategic and winning requires superior team work.

Cheers and thanks for the map,

Fafnir_6

P.S. my teammate has the best name ever :D

Attachments

• 35450_screenshots_2012-08-19_00001.jpg
    35450_screenshots_2012-08-19_00001.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0