• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some places the bots are getting stuck.

Here they seem to run forwards then get stuck on the fence.
Spoiler!

Here some bots suddenly go back and forth, not sure what to do. They seem to get unstuck after a while. Could be they are unsure what objektive to attack. Not sure really.

Spoiler!

I also got the "Return to combat area!" bug, which happens when you cap/recap a objektive. Not your fault as it seems to be a sdk bug, happened after a patch. Seen it on Butovo too.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the screens Andrew.
I just checked the scene in sdk and the spot where they're getting stuck on top of each like a 'pointy bot orgy' looks fine as far as paths go. I might just pull that piece of fence out, if they're so hell bent on going that way they can. Crazy a$$ bots.

The issue where they just kinda run back and forth happens all over the map in random spots and I don't really know how to fix it. If anyone else has any ideas why that's happening I'd love to hear from you.

Red screen of death is horrid and I think removing all spawn protections is the only way around it at the moment...

cheers again for the screenshots and the matches. I learnt a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
[TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina_B2b ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina_B2b
FriendlyName=Bridges_of_Druzhina
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.MapSelect_Community>
Description=Bridges_of_Druzhina map
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Community
[COLOR=Yellow]wwMapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly[/COLOR]

[TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina_B2b ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina_B2b
FriendlyName=Bridges_of_Druzhina
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.MapSelect_Community>
Description=Community Made Map
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Community
Has no effect..... why bother with all this? Yoshiro?

Easy tank fix..... one for each side or, no tanks. :IS2:

In any case, the map is fantastic as an infantry map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Harley, at the moment the bridges aren't really very special objectives, because the river is much easier to cover the team generally pushes quite far up into forest before the stragglers capture the bridge objective. Actually the same applies for that last objective too. Is there a way to slow movement dramatically (like in DH actually, come to think of it) in order to force the bridge to be taken properly? If not couldn't one simply use a blocking solid to stop entry to the water at all (the water could be too deep to cross for instance).

Upvote 0
Yeah, water needs to be slow to cross. Keep working on that because the bridge doesn't get that much attention on the battlefield. The last cap(s) could also do with some reinforcement. Jerry could use a bunker or two and perhaps a few more windows. When I was trying to take out this one excellent Russian MG, I could pretty much only use 2-3 windows/openings for it. He kept manouvering in the forest on the other side of the river and while I had to scan the entire area for him, he only had to glance at those windows to know my position. (No one could get out of spawn because of his excellence with the MG).

But I really do love this map. The MG really does feel good. The engagement distances are so long that you might actually miss and suppression becomes a viable tactic.

Upvote 0
There is an issue, played this map on our server with 40/40 people and after GumrakStation it was voted again but there were just 3/40 people left.

Error: "Required package WP Ger MG34 Tripod not found"

Any solution?

Thank you & Sorry for this issue on [OdW] Oberkommando der Wehrmacht **Classic**

Alternate between a stock map and a custom map and that will not happen.

Two custom maps in a row will throw that error.. Nobody is missing anything... it is a bug.

Upvote 0
Easy tank fix..... one for each side or, no tanks. :IS2:

In any case, the map is fantastic as an infantry map.

Have to say I agree, the tanks should perhaps wait until some further tweaking and vehicles are available and ultimately when we have more adequate AT weapons like panzershrecks/panzerfausts.

At first I thought it would fit the map well but honestly, not at this point in time with the tools we have available to the player. You could give a tank to the Germans but I feel this will just further the issue. I say retain it as an Infantry map for the time being, it is just as fun and engaging.

The undulation is a little overboard at the moment and gives off a very unnatural feel to the terrain. I know the Russians needed some cover in the initial caps but in my opinion you went a little too generous, especially on either side of the road leading up to the bridge - looks very unnatural.

I suggested this before but - trench system. I feel like a trench system is needed for either side of the first bridge cap zones (perhaps a minor system for the last bridge as well). The custom trenches look cool, but there is no tactical sense in them for either team. Once you figure out the player speed for the water, a potential trench system will also be beneficial for those covering their team mates crossing the river. The custom trenches you made would be much more viable to the F and G caps and I think would fit much better there than where they are now.

All my personal opinions/suggestions. I enjoy this map a lot, keep up the great work. It is a very fun map and can only get better over time.

Upvote 0
I think that the Russian tank needs to spawn further back and not have a moving spawn point with the caps. It's needs to always spawn far back at the start of the map.

The urban enviroment up in the city is really nice for CA. The tanks cover big roads and help cover the infantry so they can push up roads to reach certain buildings. But in a tank myself I felt kind of like a god or a indestructable being. We were just wrecking the Germans so much they wouldn't even dare glance at me. And the AT gunners would try to flank but the incoming waves of infantry gives them no chance despite the close tight spaces the tank was in.

I think giving the Germans a tank is a bad move, and a good move. There are many streets for the tanks to play cat and mouse in the city while helping the infantry, but I think the german tank would just demolish the Russians including the tank in the first objective zones of the map. Of course it'd have to be tested, but I don't think it's a good step.

What I think should happen is there be boxes at the German spawns or through out the map that contained 3 or 4 German AT grenades, this would be similar to the panzerfaust boxes in some RO1 and DH maps. Giving more people the chance to be able to take out the tank.

Obviously those two theories need to be tested but that's just my two cents on the "balance" issue

Upvote 0
Simple love it, best map so far (played it only twice :p).

Just a basic question for the modders because i read a similar proposal in another thread; is there a possibility we could have AT weapons like the PAK for the german defenders at any time? That would be so awesome, especially with more map layouts like this in the future, the need of AT weapons like the PAK are mandatory, imho.
But i guess it's to hard with the given sdk version right now?!

But still, keep the good work up, we really appreciate it! :)

Upvote 0
Just played a couple rounds on this map, I really like it. The buildings do not feel samey at all and there are plenty of unique little spots that give the map character.

What I think should happen is there be boxes at the German spawns or through out the map that contained 3 or 4 German AT grenades, this would be similar to the panzerfaust boxes in some RO1 and DH maps.

Is this feasible? It's certainly an interesting idea for slowing down that Russian combined arms battering ram. I love the AT grenades in this game; I've been playing a lot of engineer lately in order to take out tanks using them.

Upvote 0
Played two rounds on TaT Friday night. Germans won both!

The first round when I joined Germans only held the last 3 objectives, but we won with lockdown.

The second round we got lockdown at "H", though we were going to win anyway as the Russians had only like 20 reinforcements left at that point.

And yes, the Russians had some very good players on their team.

To be honest, the map feels very balanced to me, and the adjustments to be made are fairly minor.

Upvote 0
Have to say I agree, the tanks should perhaps wait until some further tweaking and vehicles are available and ultimately when we have more adequate AT weapons like panzershrecks/panzerfausts.

At first I thought it would fit the map well but honestly, not at this point in time with the tools we have available to the player. You could give a tank to the Germans but I feel this will just further the issue. I say retain it as an Infantry map for the time being, it is just as fun and engaging.

The undulation is a little overboard at the moment and gives off a very unnatural feel to the terrain. I know the Russians needed some cover in the initial caps but in my opinion you went a little too generous, especially on either side of the road leading up to the bridge - looks very unnatural.

I suggested this before but - trench system. I feel like a trench system is needed for either side of the first bridge cap zones (perhaps a minor system for the last bridge as well). The custom trenches look cool, but there is no tactical sense in them for either team. Once you figure out the player speed for the water, a potential trench system will also be beneficial for those covering their team mates crossing the river. The custom trenches you made would be much more viable to the F and G caps and I think would fit much better there than where they are now.

All my personal opinions/suggestions. I enjoy this map a lot, keep up the great work. It is a very fun map and can only get better over time.

Yup tanks should def. stay away from this map until things get better. I enjoy it as infantry only, although halftracks and what not would be great.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.