• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa...... I really loved the previous challenge as a russian of trying to make it to the trenches. :(

Actually the map needs:

• longer cap times
  • more marksman weapons

You want tank map... make a Tank version and a NO tank version.

The no tanks version is a wonderful map... (hint)

Tanks on this map IMHO, are a mistake.

Upvote 0
Actually the map needs:

• longer cap times
  • more marksman weapons

You want tank map... make a Tank version and a NO tank version.

The no tanks version is a wonderful map... (hint)

Tanks on this map IMHO, are a mistake.
I disagree. I think it's a proper CA map and not just an infantry map with a parallel open area for tanks to kill each other like Commissar's and Pavlov's Houses. You can disable tanks in your server if you want to.

Upvote 0
I disagree. I think it's a proper CA map and not just an infantry map with a parallel open area for tanks to kill each other like Commissar's and Pavlov's Houses. You can disable tanks in your server if you want to.

A proper CA map would offer CA for BOTH sides.

This map, Bridges of Druzhina, is not either of those maps..... its a map unto itself and therefore the potentials for THIS map must be considered. If all the maps played alike, we'd be bored to tears.

I tried disable - must do so for all maps at this time..... NOT Working for this map only.

Possibilities

• More Engineers
  • Destructible bridge
  • More Marksmen
  • Longer Cap Time
  • Impassable water
  • 3 tanks or less only per side per round
  • Get rid of all the invisible barriers both in the fields and buildings.
The map, as infantry was oh, so good.... not so now. Yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played 2 rounds on the ODW Classic server with 40 people and it was great. I found the tank quite nice and I don't see how the Russians would have gotten over the river without it. Perhaps a halftrack would be better but that can't be tested. The Allies won the first round but the Axis gathered strenght and held the Allies off in the city the next round. It did however require exellent work from our Anti-tank crew.

Here's a dissappearing wall that I found. It appears when you zoom in on it.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Wow, great map.
A few bugs (excuse me if they where already posted)

- Bulletproof grass near "H"
- Hitbox for this tree is a lot bigger then the tree itself (Near "H")

-Most of the windows at the first floor from "[J] School" doesn't have covernodes and/or "mg deploy nodes"
-Sometimes, deploying a mg in on of the windows from School will deploy the mg in the air
-The cover for the sandbag at the first floor in the school doesn't work properly

- Spawning at Spawn 2 as Axis after Allies took I & H will sometimes spawn you under the map, which makes you fall to dead

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1 tank?? Russian ONLY? :eek: NO Tank for the Germans??

More cover for the Russians AND a Tank - This map is so out of balance now..... WHY??

Because the majority were saying the opposite from what I read and heard.
"give the Russians a tank to help them to the trenches" Or maybe I misread and misheard them all when they were saying they couldn't get past the bridge....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A proper CA map would offer CA for BOTH sides.

Possibilities

• More Engineers
  • Destructible bridge
  • More Marksmen
  • Longer Cap Time
  • Impassable water
  • German Tank
  • 3 tanks or less only per side per round
  • Get rid of all the invisible barriers both in the fields and buildings.

I agree, the Germans need a tank or more AT classes. Maybe you can have boxes around the german spawns with some AT grenades in them? I know in some RO1 maps there were random panzerfaust drops around. Same with DH too.

The bridge being destructable would be cool but would block the tanks out from the rest of the map (I'm assuming it can't cross the river)

I think one tank per side would help, and I disagree with more marksmen weapons, support roles are supposed to be unique.

And thats what I am suggesting: two tanks for the Russians and one for the Germans.

Nono. The Germans already lose a bit easier to the Russians, a 1v1 with altered spawn times and positions would be nice. Like if the Russian tank had a 30 second timer, and no matter how far in the map the infantry is the tank would always start out at the edge of the map.

Upvote 0
A tank for both sides would be good. A destructable bridge would just lead to the germans blowing it up as soon as they spawn. Maybe just cover the bridge and roads with tanj barricades so the russians need to clear them if they want the tank to advance. Will lead to some great teamwork.

Just played it through as both sides, and it is way too easy for the russians now. I think the germans need more static defences, i.e trenches through the forests, sandbags, mounted mgs, bunkers, especially on the last objective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^^^

HA! I took the same screenshot but from a different angle. I'll be sure and update this post and include it. Awesome coincidence...

EDIT: The guy on the left had a Mosin-Nagant; in the middle a DP-28 (deployed), and the guy on the right was using the silenced revolver. I'm just out of sight on the left but watching them fire in unison was pretty incredible.

Personally, I like that the two teams are not balanced like in a mirror. In Ostfront, there were things like one side had arty, the other did not. The Germans had a single Tiger and Russians had a T-34-85 and an IS-2.

So my two cents is keep the single T-34-76 (for now) and hopefully the German AT and engineers can figure out how to take it out. Since there's no recon, I figure they can just hide, let infantry pass them by, and then shoot the tank in the vulnerable sides and rear.

But honestly, it's too early to start trying to "balance" the map. I'd give it a few weeks before tweaking it much more, other than bug squashing.

EDIT #2: The pics.

They're not that interesting, now that I look at them. But I saw those three guys shooting over the sandbags with the tank behind them thought I should take a screenie, but it was almost too late. My friend ManBearPig ran out of ammo and I told him to get back as he sprinted towards the ammo depot, and also blasthim9 spawned on me so he's also in the shot as well. But this is literally within 10 seconds of the one you took, Extremity:

Screenshot One

Screenshot Two

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A tank for both sides would be good. A destructable bridge would just lead to the germans blowing it up as soon as they spawn. Maybe just cover the bridge and roads with tanj barricades so the russians need to clear them if they want the tank to advance. Will lead to some great teamwork.

Just played it through as both sides, and it is way too easy for the russians now. I think the germans need more static defences, i.e trenches through the forests, sandbags, mounted mgs, bunkers, especially on the last objective.

Totally agree. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an EXCELLENT map, I just think the pendulum swung too far the other way with Beta 2 and made it too easy for the Russians.

The amount of cover was fine in the previous version; the problem, I think, was that the German team just kept heading out to the flanks and murdering the Allied team as they were advancing toward the bridge.

There was plenty of cover to your front, so you could sprint from cover to cover, but then you'd get pinged from the side while you were recharging your stamina.

My suggestion: have the same amount of cover as previously, just throw in some really dense vegation along the sides of the map to make it harder for the axis to camp the flanks.

I think it's perfectly fine to have one Russian tank and no German tanks. You think both sides always had armour support in every engagement in WW2? Nope. But like AussiePariah suggested, some Czech Hedgehogs or Dragon's Teeth in front of the west bridge is a great idea. Create a couple of good choke-points for the tank to give the German AT's and Engineers a chance to take it out.

Also, the artillery cooldown for Axis needs to be shorter - it's currently double that of the Allies. You don't have to make them the same, but don't have more than about a minute's difference in the cooldown times, I think.

While I'm on the subjet of Artillery - there needs to be a radio at the bridge. At the start of the map, the German commander has to run back about 150m to get to one, and once the Russians cap the bridges, the Russian commander has to.

Once again though, awesome map, well done. I hated it at first but now I can't get enough!

Upvote 0
I like the new changes so far but I want more firefights and last stands for the germans. It seems like russians aren't really killing germans in the cap but germans running to the cap. Germans should spawn a bit closer to the caps. Also, the time and tickets still need to be balanced. There's no pressure on the russian side so they can move in at any pace.

Upvote 0
Only got to play this for a short while where Russians were unable to capture either of the first two points but this was when they didn't have their tank yet.
But bloody hell is this map is intense. Having to sprint down through the tree's where you get to the bridge, having to dodge incoming artillery from the Russians. It felt like some desperate German defence where we scrambled into defensive positions. I did get a few looks at the town though which the Germans will eventually have to defend, looks awesome from where I saw it. I can imagine once the bridge falls, those area of woods where the Russians have to assault up hill into an open killzone where the line of houses bristles with machine guns and rifles.

10/10 for this map.

EDIT: Is it possible to drive the tank through the river? If not then why not create some shallow points along the river which allow the tanks to move up the flank?

Also, If I'm not mistaken, it would take a lot more than satchel charges to knock down the bridge? From the looks of the bridge, it looks quite sturdy. IF. And I emphasize the "if". If you were to go with having the bridge destructible, or at least have one of them destructible. Perhaps create a unit or a model of a large pack of explosives which must be carried down to the bridge, then applied to each of the bridge's archway legs, where the engineer has to take a minute or so setting it up for each explosive charge. Then the bridge and a certain radius around it would need to be cleared before blowing it? Or am I thinking too hard and speaking about something to difficult to create? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Totally agree. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an EXCELLENT map, I just think the pendulum swung too far the other way with Beta 2 and made it too easy for the Russians.

The amount of cover was fine in the previous version; the problem, I think, was that the German team just kept heading out to the flanks and murdering the Allied team as they were advancing toward the bridge.

There was plenty of cover to your front, so you could sprint from cover to cover, but then you'd get pinged from the side while you were recharging your stamina.

My suggestion: have the same amount of cover as previously, just throw in some really dense vegation along the sides of the map to make it harder for the axis to camp the flanks.

I think it's perfectly fine to have one Russian tank and no German tanks. You think both sides always had armour support in every engagement in WW2? Nope. But like AussiePariah suggested, some Czech Hedgehogs or Dragon's Teeth in front of the west bridge is a great idea. Create a couple of good choke-points for the tank to give the German AT's and Engineers a chance to take it out.

Also, the artillery cooldown for Axis needs to be shorter - it's currently double that of the Allies. You don't have to make them the same, but don't have more than about a minute's difference in the cooldown times, I think.

While I'm on the subjet of Artillery - there needs to be a radio at the bridge. At the start of the map, the German commander has to run back about 150m to get to one, and once the Russians cap the bridges, the Russian commander has to.

Once again though, awesome map, well done. I hated it at first but now I can't get enough!

HI +1

suggestion : Czech Hedgehogs or Dragon's destructible by a sapper for open the way

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback guys. I haven't played this version with humans yet so I'm itching to see how it plays out. I'll jump on Cat_in_Da_Hats Aussie/NZ server in a few hours.

Mods are you able to change the title of the thread for me? If you can, can you remove the 'Beta1' so it's just '[MAP] Bridges of Druzhina'. It's going to confuse things or is that going to cancel peeps subscriptions to it?

Upvote 0
I played in the same rounds as Alphons Alphahane, and I thought the one tank was fine, the germans were taking it out even in the open areas around the bridge. Without it I don't think we the russians would have made it across the river, I played 3 rounds of this map last night and the russians won one and lost 2, on a full server I think it would be even harder for the russians because the defenders can cover more area.

On the subject of cover it is spot on as it is.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.