• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Gumrakstation

Take the trench ladders out. As far as I could tell, not a single one actually lets you climb out properly, but they sure do an excellent job of reaching out to grab you as you go down the trench, unless you explicitly avoid them - thus making them dictate your firing arc.

A better solution would be to raise the trench floor to mantle height at intervals and let people mantle out if desired. This would have the bonus of making the trenches tactically relevant, because then they could be fired out of.

Upvote 0
Take the trench ladders out. As far as I could tell, not a single one actually lets you climb out properly, but they sure do an excellent job of reaching out to grab you as you go down the trench, unless you explicitly avoid them - thus making them dictate your firing arc.

A better solution would be to raise the trench floor to mantle height at intervals and let people mantle out if desired. This would have the bonus of making the trenches tactically relevant, because then they could be fired out of.

They are hairy, but they do work. You need to stand still in front of them and you'll automagically snap onto them.

Upvote 0

All one need do is learn how to use them...... they work just fine.

Upvote 0
If they work just fine to you, you must have the reflexes and hand-eye coordination of a bionic superhuman.

OMG!! How did you know?? :)

All one need do is walk up to a trench ladder, stop for a moment and then .. go forward. Up and out you go.

ps;
Please, Be nice...
;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are the trenches around the 2nd objective designed to be maze-like? Aside from occasionally making a wrong turn it does add tension during the approach to B.
Have you considered making the 3d and 4th Objectives unable to be recaptured by the Allies? In a match with 40+ players the Axis had a tremendously difficult time capturing and holding those objectives. Much time was spent clearing the extreme flanks of Allies sniping. The C and D objective zones are too shallow and small to permit Axis attackers from spreading out while capping.

Upvote 0
Downloaded it today and ran around on it a little. Hats off to you, rekrut--a interesting new take on Basovka! Haven't tried it with a decent player count yet, but I have high hopes! (Eyeing those Maxim HMGs--should be a great defensive asset)

Lighting somehow feels a little off somehow, don't know how to describe it best... a little bright and fuzzy, somehow. Still a great-looking map, though!

Upvote 0
Lighting somehow feels a little off somehow, don't know how to describe it best... a little bright and fuzzy, somehow. Still a great-looking map, though!
Yep, it seems to share the same "problem" as Drecks's ColdSteel used to have: there seems to be a green tint, making everything look very slightly greenish. That's what looks off to me, at least. I think it's because they used the same skybox and lighting.

Upvote 0