• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Gumrakstation

Played this on the Aussie/NZ server last night, 2 games as Soviet.

Awesome map. Had a lit of the same feel as the old RO1 Basovka map, which was one of my favourites, but with a larger scale and less constant artillery.

Seemed pretty balanced, every round ended with a very close fight over the last 2 objectives. This is on a server that runs Classic but includes Spawn on Squad Leader and the fast sprint speeds and extra stamina from 'Realism' mode.

Upvote 0
Played on a full server a while ago, the Germans got pretty wrecked both rounds.

Realism mode.

Good communitcation.

Constant Smoke.

Working in groups.

It's takes an excruciating amount of teamwork for the Germans to even get near the trenches, even with around 6 smoke nades going off every other minute. The first objective certaintly needs some more cover for Germans, and make the gully a bit more depressed. Because we get wrecked up top the hill and even down in the gully. Moving the Russian's spawn a bit further back on 1st cap might help too.

The rest is okay I guess, trench warefare takes time but we eventually got through it and capped the HQ. There was however a couple of spawn killing problems after we capped 1st obj. The Maxim MG and a couple of rifles where spawn killings the Germans the moment they moved out of the gully. Spawning the Germans inside the trenches after they have been capped will surely solve this.

We didn't make it far enough to get to the town, we capped the HQ, but we couldn't even make it in town in time for the match to end, so no opinions further on.

TL;DR: The first 3 objectives are absurdly difficult for Germans, some more cover and terrain depressions might help. Spawn killing issues with the Maxim MG occur often and flanking rifles also get the chance to spawn kill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As Germans, we've had little difficulty gaining ground - Teamwork and Tactics are the key elements of success.

I guess there wasn't enough teamwork on our part, or the Russians where just too skillfull then ^_^

Apart from getting wrecked there are a couple of spawn killing issues, after the trenches have been capped. Also if the Russian commander is smart enough he can call artillery right on the hill infront of the German first spawn.

Upvote 0
I played this map for a while and I notice that Germans spawn in the middle of no cover when they take A. The Russians had mg set up and they just destroyed the Germans. It was just 10 minutes of German killing.

they spawn in a gully ,they are in cover and the spawn has a spawnprotectionvolume to clear the ,,A,,Obj . the russian can't shot direct in the german spawn , and without a correct location where this happens i can't fix this

Upvote 0
they spawn in a gully ,they are in cover and the spawn has a spawnprotectionvolume to clear the ,,A,,Obj . the russian can't shot direct in the german spawn , and without a correct location where this happens i can't fix this

After the Germans take A, there are few russian mg set up at the rear of A. As soon as the Germans spawned they left the gullies and were mowed down by the mg.

Upvote 0
After the Germans take A, there are few russian mg set up at the rear of A. As soon as the Germans spawned they left the gullies and were mowed down by the mg.

maybe they could use smoke or choose another way .... and not go forward an die like lemmings RO2 is a ,,Tactical shooter,, so use tactics don't run into the MG ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
Also if the Russian commander is smart enough he can call artillery right on the hill infront of the German first spawn.

Funny you should mention that... not that the Germans have to exit the spawn that way, but I was racking up the kills as a Russian commander earlier. Took a while before the German commander realized he could return the favor...

Upvote 0
Funny you should mention that... not that the Germans have to exit the spawn that way, but I was racking up the kills as a Russian commander earlier. Took a while before the German commander realized he could return the favor...

I guess you can find it tolerable/counterable but it's like a roundhouse kick in the face at times >.>

Upvote 0
Nice map. But...

Personally I don't understand or like the trenches (B). Why trenches are used in general? To provide protective cover for shooting the enemy as well as to provide safe movement around (to places where you can shoot the enemy). Why they are in Gumrakstation? Not for shooting since you mainly can't do that. Neither they are there for moving around to important positions since they lead nowhere.

Also the general design of the trenches is against what trenches should do, give cover. They have really long pathways which arent positioned against the enemy lines, instead they are in line with the enemy's attacking direction.

Like I said, it is my opinion and it seems most people like this map so I'm most likely the minority here. I'm just against the trenches that make no sense for me but seem to be there just for the sake of place to fight for. The B capzone is the one I dislike the most in this map, especially since I don't like the narrow trench fighting that much. For me the game gets interesting after the jerries get past it -which they in my experience very seldom do.

Despite my whining about one capzone, a nice job nevertheless. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I can see what you're trying to accomplish with the trench ladders, but I don't think placing them directly on the sides of the trenches works very well for gameplay. You also probably don't need to place so many of them. Maybe you could do the same thing but make the ladders less annoying by placing a T-junction and capping it with a end piece.

So, instead of having this:

-------------------------

you have this:

-----------*------------
********|_|

And then you put the ladder in that little thing which sticks out. Of course, this means that you can't put a ladder everywhere, but I don't think most players will mind only having a few select ladders to use.

As for the trench layout, I think it's already very good despite being sort of unrealistic like M-A said. Maybe you could introduce a few pieces of shallow trenches to give the riflemen something to shoot out of, but I really like the long narrow corridors because it makes CQB really exciting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0