• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map] TE-Arad 2 (Beta3)

not yet bud. Ive hit a bit of snag with the tank spawn points. As soon as i figure a way to fix it, i'll have a new version up. Just cant get the AI to spawn in tank with low player count at the moment.

Don't know if this helps,but i find that all the infantry positions have to be filled before the tank positions become available on combined arms maps.

Upvote 0
By and large the AI will avoid tank roles unless they have nothing else to use. This is so that the AI doesn't tie up the tanks if/when a human wants to use it. Only in Tank Only situations will the AI choose the tank roles reliably.

Isn't the answer then to drastically reduce the number of infantry roles and increase the number of tank roles, so that the bots have no choice but to take a tank role. (providing there is enough bots)
EG: in this screen there are 16 riflemen which could be reduced to 8
Squad leader could be reduced to 2
+add Tank Platoon commander
+add Tank Squad leader

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info guys.I figured that much, however, i was trying to do something trough kismet to change that. still no luck. :(

I really don't want to play around with the loadout. I feel its just right!

maybe i'll go ahead and release the tank version, and just leave this till i figure something out.
Please release the tank version,thats what i'm waiting on anyway.:IS2:

The one thing i find strange is that if i put 32 bots on a 32 slot server, the bots are all riflemen, they don't use any of the other roles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am so upset reading that maps are being designed so bots are happy and accommodated for.

A part of me feels like it has died. Probably my liver.

The tank version will make full use of all parts of the map,the tanks,and the bots,at the moment their are no APC's,so the infantry are mostly restricted to the villages.
Bots aren't real they can't be happy or unhappy,but some of us who like to play as tankers would be happier playing against bots in tanks than nobody at all.
I'm hoping that a tank only version will encourage the treadheads in this game to keep on playing rather than leave the game altogether,because its obvious to me that TWI will do nothing to improve this game for the tank lovers.(with new maps)
There will still be two versions of the map,so nobody will be forced to play a version they don't want to play,in essence this is part of what modding is all about.....CHOICES!
As a server admin it will be your CHOICE which version of the map to run on your server,or run both giving you another custom map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0