• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE-DieBresche (Beta Release Candidate)

Excellent map Gleedo! Played it several times on one of your servers (I think it was one of yours). Love the bigness of it and the ability to flank. Played full through with my bolt and didn't feel at a disadvantage. I love that.

Me and my clanmates that tested it with me wanted to warn you though that we think Fritz16 might be using an aimbot. He is awfully good and pulled off some amazing shots! :D

Seriously, loved it.

Upvote 0
Looks really good, not sure how it plays but it seems it will offer a decent variety of combat.

Not that its a problem, but as someone mentioned while I was on the map, some of the hills/terrain is a little extreme in how it looks. It offers good cover for moving around, but visually I would think the terrain would be slightly more level. That is just a comment only.

Upvote 0
Antilag mutator is not on. I turned if off because it causes the radios on custom maps to disappear (on our server).

I wonder if it's possible for client side versions of that mutator to cause crash problems with custom maps.......I don't see how though.

Then it's not an issue with the mutator -I only thought it was that because it said it was turned on in the welcome screen on your server.
Probably something wrong on my end....

Upvote 0
First up - congrats on building a really tasty map.
I've probably played through around 20 rounds of this map now, on quite a few classes. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Just a couple of bit of constructive criticism for the next map update:
1. Restrict the artillery areas so that they are not available on top of allied spawn in particular. The main offenders are the first two allied spawns.

2. Might be nice to place a wall/ building immediately to the right of the Allied first spawn, just to prevent the German MG players flanking and spaying the spawn. On one occasion, I died three time in a row on spawn, before I could even move, as I spawned into MG fire from the right flank.

3. As =GG= Mr Moe mentions above, an additional very small cap after C&D fall, which enables come of the Germans to get back from C might help slightly. But I find that because E and F are set back in the map, Germans returning from C can usually outflank the Russians anyways.. so might not be a necessary change.

Overall, great map. Nicely laid out, some good interest item (the synchronization of the C/D cap zones in particular) and "pretty" too. I like the addition of the inaccessible hill in the map center with the monument on top. Nice touch.

Upvote 0
All messed up on our custom map server :confused:
Map installed after a fresh reinstall. Russians "choose spawn location" is empty until they capture first objective. Then cap info is incomplete - Allies are attacking the.. Information is displeyed in full only on last two objectives but its not correct coz instead of Lumber yard it shows Allies are attacking South Woods. Then When attacking Compaund you can see Allies are attcking the church. When playing as Allies you can see only german spawn points on the map and also spawn camera shows german spawn points.
But after choosing a german respawn point you spawn in correct place.
What can be wrong guys?

Upvote 0
Map installed after a fresh reinstall. Russians "choose spawn location" is empty until they capture first objective. Then cap info is incomplete - Allies are attacking the.. Information is displeyed in full only on last two objectives but its not correct coz instead of Lumber yard it shows Allies are attacking South Woods. Then When attacking Compaund you can see Allies are attcking the church. When playing as Allies you can see only german spawn points on the map and also spawn camera shows german spawn points.
What can be wrong guys?

Looks like you have the infamous "custom map don't work on our server" issue that plenty others are having.

I have absolutely no idea what the problem is as all custom maps run without a problem on both my servers.

This is crazy.

Upvote 0
What can be wrong guys?
Does it still happen with the antilag mut. turned off?

Upvote 0
i just downloaded the map. at first i was a bit confused - 3 .upk files? i changed the extension of TE-DieBresche-b2.upk to .roe put that one in "\CookedPC\maps" and the rest into "\CookedPC\Custom" to make it work.
i suggest putting the folder structure into the 7z-archive to make it more noob-friendly ;)
i just opened it for a quick flyby, and i must say it looks pretty nice. especially the trees are well done and don't have the twitchy lod like the stock trees and bushes. i look forward to playing it online soon!

Upvote 0
i just downloaded the map. at first i was a bit confused - 3 .upk files? i changed the extension of TE-DieBresche-b2.upk to .roe put that one in "\CookedPC\maps" and the rest into "\CookedPC\Custom" to make it work.
i suggest putting the folder structure into the 7z-archive to make it more noob-friendly ;)

Sorry about that mate - The previous downloads were coming down really slow from filefactory so I quickly uploaded those 7z ones to my redirect yesterday lunchtime, but I was soo pushed for time I forgot to put them in a folder structure.

Will try to do that a lunchtime today :)

Upvote 0