• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE-DieBresche (Beta Release Candidate)

Good release. This map is a map which will be liked by the RO Community. Long rifle shooting distance. I noticed with more human players the fun really started. So a good thing the server filled pretty fast.

A pity someone mentioned that the church and fence was the same as in Spartanovka. Pretty sad IMO. As people decide to put a ton of work in a FREE level so a community can have more fun for FREE.
It took countless hours to make it and then you release it and the first you see is someone who starts to complain about these things.

Upvote 0
A very good map guys, I happened to notice it in the server browser and dropped in with about 4 players a side.
It has the best of both worlds with small villages for close quarter fighting and some long rolling hills and gullies to practice your long range shots.
After about 8 rounds though allied hadn't won any so maybe the time is a bit on the tight side.
The closest we had was when i asked the rest of my clan to join and test the map and we got the allies to the last objective,and while capping last objective ran out of time.This was with 8-10 a side and the first caps were taken quickly.
However after that round we all mixed up the sides,and the allied team in round one didn't even cap the church and round 2 couldn't cap c+d together.
So maybe a bit of balancing needed their.
Someone has already mentioned not being able to set up mgs on a few of the sandbags,which I understand isn't easy to remedy but thought I would mention it.
The last objective looks great its just a shame nobody really got to see it.

No major slow downs for me although a couple of players said they had lag in certain places.
When I left the server was full so hopefully you will have more feedback.
Oh and downloading it was quite quick for me and noone else in the clan was timed out so something is working with the redirect.

Its going to be a popular map if you can balance it out a bit more.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the comments so far - I quickly came to understand the map needs longer to play per round as many have already posted.

Unfortunately the time is set in the map rather than the server so a new build will be required :(

Balancing is most definitely not my strong suite. All the maps I made for UT were all TDM maps for FT so balancing was never an issue.

Upvote 0
What is up with all these download servers. They suck for downloading any of the Custom maps.

I thought MediaFire and Filefactory were good sites - as someone stated the Clientfiles stop at 2.2mb every time and that's it. I think it's due to their policy for downloading per day or hour or something.

TWI should put up a server where all this stuff can be uploaded to so that folks can grab them with the fastest of speeds.

If you have a Redirect website you could put them there as the zip and probably would be quicker and a better option.

Upvote 0