• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

I've had issues in the past. where if i had an older version of a map that had additional packages in my cache, and i tried newer version, it would crash my game. I had to clear my cache of older map packages and it worked. not sure whats really going on :confused:
We're talking about the server crashing...no cache involved.

Upvote 0
Busy to finish an FF version together with a Beta3/final TE release.

For some odd reason the FF version keeps on showing an squadleader class for
Russians and an empty slot for squadleader on Axis. The bloody class won't go.

It's NOT there in the worldsettings.

I only added rifleman,eliterifleman,assault,marksman and machinegunner.
They are not there. After building and cooking the map they are in game.
I even renamed the mapname to avoid any issues. But its still there.
I verified the cache, emptied the cache,throwed vodka over my CPU but no solution.

Is there any hidden cache :eek:

Upvote 0
Downloaded, but getting some weird info before ROHOS even loads, saying something about several files being in the ///coldsteel folder not in the coldsteel_b2 folder etc.

Sounds like you have the files, but the path specified in your map is looking for them at a different path?

In any case, I still try to join a server with B3 running and the game crashes.

Edit: the /// is just the cookedpc path for the game in steam :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Downloaded, but getting some weird info before ROHOS even loads, saying something about several files being in the ///coldsteel folder not in the coldsteel_b2 folder etc.

Sounds like you have the files, but the path specified in your map is looking for them at a different path?

In any case, I still try to join a server with B3 running and the game crashes.

Edit: the /// is just the cookedpc path for the game in steam :eek:

lol.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I got 4 messages (8 if I have the FF files downloaded) stating I have ambiguous package name;

using 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\Coldsteel_b2\****.upk', not 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\Coldsteel_b3\****.upk'

^^^ is for the TE map

where the **** are the 4 non.roe files in the coldsteel map folder

Upvote 0
Noticed that the new version doesn't have the Env_DR_corrugated_plates.upk file. IS that no longer needed ? Or do we still need the old version?

i have also loaded it up onto my redirect so it will also be available to people through Lord Gleedo's downloader program.

You can drop the Env_DR_corrugated_plates.upk file.
In the previous release I noticed the serverfile of this package was over 7mb. In my search why I removed these corrugated plates for stock plates. Turned out it was a wrongly compressed texture.

Maybe the problems =GG= Mr Moe encountered are caused by the fact that I cooked a TE and FF version using the same packages. Maybe when you have both versions using the same packages it will give the ambiguous package name error.

As said in the release post I have no idea how to do this correct ? Its all some sort of search for the holy grail without a guide. Rename all packages for the FF version and cook it again ?

Maybe some TWI Dev can shine a light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I got 4 messages (8 if I have the FF files downloaded) stating I have ambiguous package name;

using 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\Coldsteel_b2\****.upk', not 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\Coldsteel_b3\****.upk'

^^^ is for the TE map

where the **** are the 4 non.roe files in the coldsteel map folder

Did you install the files manually?
Did you use the cache extractor?
Did you change the Coldsteel folder name from b2 to b3?
Did you delete any previous b2 files from the cache?
Did you allow the b3 files to overwrite the b2 version?

Upvote 0