• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

I've just played a bot match and I think it's a very nice map and very good optimized. Solid 60 fps on ultra. While playing however I have noticed a wall that you can run through. Screenshot is in attachment.

@LordSteve: You can just put the Localization folder in the CookedPC folder.

Btw, shouldn't Deathly Alley be Deadly Alley?

Attachments

• 2012-02-24_00002.jpg
    2012-02-24_00002.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for all info its appreciated for the next release.

As there have been lots of trouble getting all to work on a server. And even yesterday I joined servers where not all was working correct.

I was suprised and happy when I joined The Old Gits Server today to find out all seems to work correct. Spawns and spawncam worked. Artillery radio's where visible and worked. No weird stuff on the covers.
So I'm curious on their server set up and why it won't work on others ?

Gleedo enlighten us with it ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for all info its appreciated for the next release.

As there have been lots of trouble getting all to work on a server. And even yesterday I joined servers where not all was working correct.

I was suprised and happy when I joined The Old Gits Server today to find out all seems to work correct. Spawns and spawncam worked. Artillery radio's where visible and worked. No weird stuff on the covers.
So I'm curious on their server set up and why it won't work on others ?

Gleedo enlighten us with it ?

Hi Drecks, I honestly have no idea. I have been testing my map on the same server and have not seen a single issue that you guys have been fighting with on your maps / test server setup. This is most bizarre and I'm sorry that I can't offer any ideas on why it would perform as expect on my test box :confused:

I am happy to give you access to this server/configs if it would help solve your mystery :)

EDIT: Have you tried running a steam update on your test server or even completely reinstalling your test server and start fresh with new configs? Maybe one or more server files have got a bit borked or something......clutching at straws here....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How i have to install the maps?? I dont know where i should put in the Localization Folder
HI,

Install Player or server ?

Installation Server All cookedpcserver

Player installation

steam \ steammapps \ common \ red orchestrated 2 \
maps to make a file Colsteel
Localization\INT file TE-Coldsteel.INT
ENV file Custom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just played a few rounds today. Excellent work, Drecks! The scale and layout of the map are perfect. I can see some really intense battles happening when 64-player servers begin to run it.

One though I feel would improve the map though, is to add more objectives to the north side of the complex. Right now, the Germans have to capture A and then run over to B and consecutively, C, D, and so forth. There is a very large gap between A and B, and plenty of unused buildings north of the B-D line which could be used as a transition in the map.

If you want, I can go around the map and look for places where the meshes conflict or are colliding improperly and give you screenshots and the locations of those places.

Upvote 0