• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

Any feedback to improve the map is welcome so be free to post it.
The Allies could do with an ammo dump a bit closer to the first cap, only played a couple of rounds against bots but i soon ran out of ammo,and the dump seemed a bit far away.But other than that i can't fault the map.
A screenie, nothing important.
ScreenShot00114-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More details will be added in a next release. This will be inside and outside. Performance seems ok so I have enough room to add more details but this release is more to test gameplay and behaviour.

How much I regret to say it we all know that full servers are hard to find. At least for me. So its even harder to get a server filled with real people to test custom content. So for now I need to know how gameplay will be on a server with 32 real players. That feedback would be good to adjust gameplay. Real people will take other routes and the more we have the better the feedback will be.

Upvote 0
I just tested it on my server, and German side had no respawn point, and Russians only had 1st spawn enabled. This is getting old real quick. I've been testing my map as well, with same results. I don't know whats good or bad anymore lol.

Btw...one of your beams/wall is flickering in 1st obj. as soon as you go into the building from German side go right, and look at the right wall.

I would suggest blending the terrain's grass material a bit more. the repeating checkers are too obvious.

maybe check this out if you already haven't? [url]http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TerrainAdvancedTextures.html[/URL]

Also terrain looks way too flat around many building, as the building were just put on top of terrain. and finally add alot more clutter inside the buildong...look way to clean in some areas.

Be back later with more ;) great work so far!

Upvote 0
More details will be added in a next release. This will be inside and outside. Performance seems ok so I have enough room to add more details but this release is more to test gameplay and behaviour.

How much I regret to say it we all know that full servers are hard to find. At least for me. So its even harder to get a server filled with real people to test custom content. So for now I need to know how gameplay will be on a server with 32 real players. That feedback would be good to adjust gameplay. Real people will take other routes and the more we have the better the feedback will be.

tested again on Togatest server as gruppenfurher . few humans playing but every thing that did'nt work ( bugs) before seems endly fonctionnal .

i Mean : Gruppen respawns =normal , radios visible with "T" , Arti working good . No more problems for me . the question is why it does 'nt work the same on our 8FFs server or CLM server ? we were suspicious ( with peumobil ) about that "panzer-gunners - bugs -mutator we have , and are going to disable it . Great emprovements since last contact . THX so much !
YOooo!

Upvote 0
Map play fine on our server. Awesome Work.
Only issue are the mutators when added. Without the mutator the map had no issues.
For some reason with the whitelisted anitlag and reserved slot mutators you spawn in both Coldsteel & Provkhoy without any weapons, only bino and nades.
When we removed the mutators the maps played fine and you spawned with weapons.
The other 2 maps Ogledow & Butovo had no issues with the mutators.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello,

I am on a beginning of track about the problem of respawn and radio operator visible No. I removed the mutator completely TankTweak ceui has reveal
the radio on Butovo-B4 (before visible No). On server TOGA there is only Coldsteel. There is a conflict with one of the maps following Butovo - Ogledow - Provkhoy ?. To know the map which causes problem it would be necessary to see with the server test TOGA
by installing the maps a share one and to test,
Or what removes my server de team and to install Coldsteel in first and to see with the others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just got home from a late shift. Thanks for the feedback and great people are tracking down that server problem. It will help more people.

At first the last objective was further back around the railroad and that dark building with ladder in it. But I was afraid the run distance was to long. So I moved it closer to the 4th objective. Its all about finding a balance in the run distance to get into battle. People will be bored quickly when they run 25 seconds and die.

@ Wolverine Guess there are two beams on one spot. Don't know exactly what you mean with buildings on top of the terrain. But will seek for some variation.

@ Ramm. I'll keep that in mind when its really needed.

Now I'm gonnan seek a possibility to play.... :cool:

Upvote 0
Thx Drecks, map is great, np with re-direct, play's verry smooth :)
Keep it up !!
Btw all the new maps are on rotation.
Grtz.

Could you check iff

All covers behave normal
All Spawncamera's and spawns work as supposed
Commander will see his radio's

As there are servers where these work well next to servers these have problems.

Upvote 0