• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

I found an invisible wall.

Thanks you took time to post. I will take a look. You probably got stuck on that floorpart. As it raised a little to high. I will check that. The yesterday game was nice. It showed that both teams just need teamwork. As thats how we want RO to be played. And the ammo supply suggestion was a good advice.

Meanwhile fixed a lot for the update uncluding roles:

Three Squads with squadleaders.
More cover and detail.
More covernodes.
Tweaked spawndistance.
Not 5 usable doors with doorsound :-(

As the map have many many doors I need to decide if i give these usable doors another color
to make it more clear. Or let the player find out which door is usable.
Usable doors are closed by default so. All other then close doors aint usable ?
An option is to add stuff in front of doors which are there for decoration.

Yesterday I noticed someone found out to spawnkill on a certain spawn. I noticed this by accident and glad I did.
Its kind of sad people like to prefer to exploit it rather then share this kind of stuff so it can be fixed.
As the way the guy did this he really must have seek for this opportunity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
5 usable doors with doorsound
Am I in heaven? :eek:

These are little details Tripwire missed in their maps this time! Great!

I would add this sign on non usable doors ;D
iStock_000010851853XSmall_DoNotDisturb2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome \o/ :IS2::IS2::IS2:
Did you find a way to make the bots use them?

Sixten did find a way. He did a great job on that.
For my map it aint real neccesary as bots have plenty of other routes to use.
I will try to add that before the release.But as said it aint really neccesary.
Here a small footage made during testing the doors.

The Door - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sixten did find a way. He did a great job on that.
For my map it aint real neccesary as bots have plenty of other routes to use.
I will try to add that before the release.But as said it aint really neccesary.
Here a small footage made during testing the doors.

The Door - YouTube
Great job! Man, I could watch this video all day long :IS2:

Upvote 0
Coldsteel_p1 (As beta ain't a good name anymore and
P1 stands for phase 1)

Again more Cover, more hiding places, more covernodes and spots to get killed from. Available in TE,FF and CD....

As there have been some comments on balance and gameplay I did some changes in the previous release. I was curious how these changes would turn out so with the release I did a polite request for feedback on gameplay. I repeated this polite request on july 31 and the same day I replied on a post with the request how the changes behave
I wrote "How did it behave ? Very curious how the changes turned out.
I will try to join today.
"

Its August 12 th now... And recieved zero, 0 nada, niente, replies on balance and gameplay. So this could mean two things. People thought it ok like it is so why bother or they did not wanted to reply as they don't care.
Positive as I am I assume balance is topnotch as we Dutch use to say. "No news is good news." :cool::cool::cool::cool:

As the balance issue was solved I had time enough to polish the map

Files (Game Front)

For convenience I split some of the gamefiles

Playerfiles only TE are here (123 mb)

Playerfiles for all gameypes are here (300 mb)

The PCServer files are here (60 mb)

Changelist:

Allies spawn closer to Objective D when this one opens
Axis spawn some closer when they reach the final objective
Allies spawn a tad frither away.
A basement connects the two large halls going under objective C.
You won't be in the capzone while in the basement
Axis have more cover approaching objective A
While Allies have a one time close spawn to A to set up a fight.
Fixt some shooting into spawn.

My personal view for who cares

Hope you enjoy the game and feedback on gameplay is appreciated.
When there are big issues there might be an update before august 15 th

And when you crash you just empty your cache at

C:\Users\yournam\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Cache

Greets Drecks

Some screens:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im sorry to say I can't play the map anymore. I thought at first the squads were bugged on this map, but now it turns out this is an intentional feature.

The mapper said he wanted feedback so don't flame me ppl, that is just my own opinion and it hurts no one.

Whats bugged on the squads and where it showed its an intentional feature ?

As far as I know I have three squads each team with three squadleaders and various roles ?
Here Danh replied me about the squads and here I replied to take a look and fix that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whats bugged on the squads and where it showed its an intentional feature ?

First of thanks for the "no flame" :D.

As far as I know I have three squads each team with three squadleaders and various roles ?
Here Danh replied me about the squads and here I replied to take a look and fix that.

First of thanks for the "no flame" :D.

I read your info, I see you added some squadleaders. But you did still diminish the number of squadleaders on purpose right? Now for me personally that means I can only get me and friends controlling a squad in like 10 % of the rounds or so because SL is quickly taken for the smg.

SO therefore I can't organize, most of the time none of the SL's are using voip, 2 squads are totally outside of chain of command, so I disconnect. Same on the bridges of dhuruzina map now, the dev there unfortunately also started changing squads, even having one squad with 2 sl's ?!?!?

I wish you the best of luck honestly, bc I don't think I'll play this game anymore now with the awesome custom maps being gone for me. I just wanted you to know that there is at least one person feeling this way, and possibly more. I'm quite sad to see this as I was just hoping things would finally come together with custom maps. But it seems at least most of the forum community is against the whole squad thing so you probably are making the right choice in that light.

*I don't understand why people don't just give squadleaders bolts, it's the more elegant solution imo for admins it is just a setting, but your server will be in custom mode which I find is the best mode :D. That way the SL's can do their job, and get the position from the smg hogging noobs and there is no need to butcher the squads. It is imo by far a better solution to the smg problem. But I think many admins don't even know how to do this, its a bit tricky in the admin software. Welcome to ask me, any admins that want info on this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0