• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

OK then keep your betas to yourself..... see how far you get with the admins and players. Who are you?? I never heard of you 'til a week or so ago.

You are making waves you cannot possibly ride.

To the mappers...... keep the beta's coming!

:D

Couldn't agree more. These beta maps have been largely bread & butter on our two servers. People that are invested in this game will take full advantage of them. Fugitives from the high-school playground who are here today and gone tomorrow can take a hike.

Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
All mappers have put a lot of effort in their maps so enough feathers now.
Have an update ready to test. Will check of the Steam/Forum mappers group works and we have enough testplayers to do a good test with TS and such.

Here an updated overhead with some spawnpositions. You can see the changed objective B.

Spoiler!

Nice tweaks there, Drecks. Very much anticipating in testing it out. Kudos.

Upvote 0
I must say, the game has a completely different feel to it on your map, which is awesome. Part of it may be it being a new map, but in general I like how there's so much freedom of movement and not too many weird and artificial constrictions about how you can flank the enemy.

I also thought the spawn distances were pretty much spot on. No issues with textures or anything.

Upvote 0
Despite the fact I forgot a tiny thing in my Kismet solution for the redscreen trubs in my map, which made
us have to restart after each round I'm satisfied on how some of the changes worked out.
Still not fully satisfied. :cool:

I still think A is to easy for the Axis. They might need more resistance before they enter the capzone there.

The fight for the two large factory halls went well.
The smaller horizontal cap area for the first large hall seems good.

The fight for object C might need more attention. And the close down of D after recap offerd more focus on the fights for E. That large hall changed hands a couple of time which is good. Still Allies might need some more
defensive structures there as it can be entered from all sides.

Thanks to all who showed up.

Already fixed:
Unlimited Reconplane.
Allied spawn for obj. B in 2th round.

Upvote 0
Probably the most enjoyable custom infantry map I have played.

Some real depth and tactical options due to the maps scale and the changing spawns.

Some really fantastic battles for almost every cap and the place is a like a rabbit warren with all the small rooms, large halls, platforms, walkways and all littered with the ruin and debris of war..Very impressive, very immersive and more importantly lots of fun..;)

I hope Drecks does well with this map in the mapping comp because the work that has been put into it really makes the map shine..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably the most enjoyable custom infantry map I have played. ----- snip -----

Butch, I've never, in all the years, ever seen a map Drecks has either created or influenced that wasn't great and memorable. I'm going back to the old CoD days and looking forward. Drecks is truly a mapper's mapper.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny to read in another maps topic that some people seem to have a hard time as Germans on this map. Its a pity that most of these people never took time to react and contribute during development. But by now I'm used to that and have concluded its a sign of the time. Off course I like to thank the people who took time to post feedback on the map and all other custom maps. So who the shoe fits wear it.

I joined this map as much as possible on different servers. I tried to play on both teams as much as possible.

I have no real favor for any of the teams nor do I have political motives to choose a team. Sometimes I played it with people who knew the game, and these where the best games I played with people who used voip and told eachother what to do. Some of the best games I had on a filled TAT server where people played as teams.

Even when they decided to try to pin the Germans down on they manage to get out. I have seen this on cap A and Cap C. One time had this great game where they pin the Germans donw on C and I never understand why the Germans didn't try to set up an attack. Still after A while Allies lost C.

I had fights for D where the defending team was devoted to keep it as it closed down after it was lost. I had fights for E where that hall changed hands a couple of times.

I'm gearing up for a next release and want to invite all of the people who had an opinion for a test session prior to release. The outcome of this session could be used to do some last changes. Its hard enough to balance maps and a proove for this is seen in the last update where even all stock maps had changes for balance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Eh, we know its roughly 50-50 for each side Drecks.

I've played both sides and I'm very happy with the balance (how I hate that word for this game).

Some (notice I said some) of the players who only play one side really get up in arms if they feel their chosen side in a map is slighted. Its as if they are subconsciously trying to change history and it bugs them when they can't :p

Upvote 0
cold10.jpg

Coldsteel beta 10 (Its not the 10th version)

This version is an easy pick for the Germans as we don't want to loose anymore RO HOS players. ;);)

More Cover, more hiding places, more covernodes and spots to get killed from. Available in TE,FF and CD....

Files

The Player files Filefactory only spot which hosted 300 MB

Mirror for player files here (Gamefront)

The Server files Mediafire

Changelist:

Added a 1 time forward Allied spawn for objective A
Added time controlled Allies spawn close to objective D
Fixed unlimited recon plane.
A billion covernodes added.
Axis need to cap D and E to open up F
Better overhead image.
I got rid of the uncalled redspawnprotection which don't kill you thing.

My personal view for who gives a ****t

I have no real favor for any of the teams nor do I have political motives to choose a team. I did not design the map with one team as favourite. In my idea Attackers should have a hard time.
Sometimes I played it with people who knew the game, and these where the best games I played. Players using voip and told eachother what to do.
In Territory fight for the objective. For killing opponents to boost your Kille/Death ratio, without any care for the objective they invented Firefight.

Hope you enjoy the game and feedback on gameplay is appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0