• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

Miss being able to recap the Distribution area as Russians. Thought it added to the dimension of the battle. The map seems more linear now and the objective more of a distraction as there seems little reason to defend it.

I could not get rid of that spawnprotection thing. Closing this helped me to avoid one of the troubles. I have thought of lengthen the cap time for that area and a one time forward spawn for the Russians so they can spoil more Axis blood there.

Upvote 0
I could not get rid of that spawnprotection thing. Closing this helped me to avoid one of the troubles. I have thought of lengthen the cap time for that area and a one time forward spawn for the Russians so they can spoil more Axis blood there.

Well, sometimes you have to do what you have to do and if this helped, then so be it.

Upvote 0
Its not the map. Its mentioned in other threads that old files have to be removed. Clear cache and they should be fine. I can't help it other then name the next release

TE-Steelcold

and the UPK files

1.upk
2.upk
3.upk
4.upk

The fact is there wasn't really a guide on releasing custom maps with extra content like custom upk files. Please all have patience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Drecks,

I encountered a possible glitch while playing your great map yesterday. I was playing on the German side, exited the Stripping Hall through a small gate and dove to prone in front of a small building (in the plan the hut in H3, the wall facing the right). This resulted in me being halfway submerged in the ground, I could see the SDK white and blue pattern on elements below the surface, and also could see enemies approaching and hiding behind ground features to my left (ground was transparent from below).

I did not get enough time to test it more, because as I stood up and turned to look at it I was caught in an enemy counterattack and got shot.

Upvote 0
Hi Drecks,

I encountered a possible glitch while playing your great map yesterday. I was playing on the German side, exited the Stripping Hall through a small gate and dove to prone in front of a small building (in the plan the hut in H3, the wall facing the right). This resulted in me being halfway submerged in the ground, I could see the SDK white and blue pattern on elements below the surface, and also could see enemies approaching and hiding behind ground features to my left (ground was transparent from below).

I did not get enough time to test it more, because as I stood up and turned to look at it I was caught in an enemy counterattack and got shot.

Thanks for the info I will look into that.
You mean the area I shwon in the attached image ?

Attachments

• area.jpg
    area.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Exactly that spot, it occurred next to the wall of the hut facing the gate that is visible in the background.

I just wanted to mention that phenomenon, but as Mike Nomad pointed out, it might well be something that happens on other maps too. It just by chance didn't happen to me yet.

Keep up the good work, it is very appreciated!

Upvote 0