• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

Me too, but it crashed 2 times in a row, pc freezes and i had to restart it.
My pc is up to date with drivers etc.

Did you delete your complete CookedPC folder just before you updated RO2 with the GOTY patch? A lot of people did had custom maps in their CookedPC folder from before the GOTY patch. Those maps were build with an older SDK. If you didn't delete the CookedPC folder, then it might be that some left overs from those old builds are still present and causing those crashes. I did delete my CookedPC folder and did not experience any crashes with the new Coldsteel build.

Upvote 0
Ok Coldsteel is on the server, just tested and working fine, you got the radio's and arty, obj are visible also covering.
One thing Drecks, when i choose marksman i spawn with a rifle, no scope.
Maybe something to do that our server is on Action Mode ?
Any way the map is on rotation, redirect is working fast and good.

Regards.

Upvote 0
Did you delete your complete CookedPC folder just before you updated RO2 with the GOTY patch? A lot of people did had custom maps in their CookedPC folder from before the GOTY patch. Those maps were build with an older SDK. If you didn't delete the CookedPC folder, then it might be that some left overs from those old builds are still present and causing those crashes. I did delete my CookedPC folder and did not experience any crashes with the new Coldsteel build.

Thx, but the whole folder is about 7gb!! If i have to delete it i have to dl it again.

Upvote 0
Ok Coldsteel is on the server, just tested and working fine, you got the radio's and arty, obj are visible also covering.
One thing Drecks, when i choose marksman i spawn with a rifle, no scope.
Maybe something to do that our server is on Action Mode ?
Any way the map is on rotation, redirect is working fast and good.

Regards.

Good you got it running well. I remember you had it running before the patch with all the problems. Great you run the map.

Despite the fact that since the free weekend I have more chance to win the lottery then to play a custom map on a full human server I'm still working to finish this map. But my stubbornness is reaching its borders...

Upvote 0
Good you got it running well. I remember you had it running before the patch with all the problems. Great you run the map.

Despite the fact that since the free weekend I have more chance to win the lottery then to play a custom map on a full human server I'm still working to finish this map. But my stubbornness is reaching its borders...

I..... am patiently waiting for the finished product. ;)

Upvote 0
Hey guys, new to adding maps to RO2.
I try joining a server running this and it gets to the main menu and does nothing. (was expecting it to auto d/l or something)
The d/l link no longer exists from the OP either.
What to do?

Seems while RO2 is running after trying to join that server my pings are high as if i am downloading something...i'm lost lol!

EDIT: seems it was downloading, gave me no indication that it was tho!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EDIT: seems it was downloading, gave me no indication that it was tho!

Thats correct. You get no indication you are downloading something.
I had the same yesterday when I joined the TAT server, but I knew how it worked. So you join nothing happens but you are downloading the map. This is another thing which might stop people to join servers running custom maps.

When people get an indication you are actually downloading something they might wait and join the server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats correct. You get no indication you are downloading something.
I had the same yesterday when I joined the TAT server, but I knew how it worked. So you join nothing happens but you are downloading the map. This is another thing which might stop people to join servers running custom maps.

When people get an indication you are actually downloading something they might wait and join the server.

Good point, has it been mentioned to TWI that you know of?

Upvote 0