• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

Moe I think your problem in the trench is caused by weird covernode behaviour as the trench is full with it and they not work as supposed on that server.

The position of that bot in the air could be the spot where I placed a barrel for decoration. It is surrounded by some Pathblocking volume. I suppose these volumes tells the bots not to go there to avoid they getting stuck.
By some odd reaon the bot ended on top of that volume.

To be honest I didn't want to reply anymore as I'm sick and tired by all the problems with this map on some servers which resulted in 0.0 playtime. As for some weeks it seems as a piece of fecies released map.

I understand Tripwire might be busy with other bugs, issues and the Classic release. And don't have time or manpower to dive in the custom map issues, but I think all the problems doesn't really encourage people to work on custom maps. I could be wrong off course. I was asked to assist with a map for a mod, but though I like the game very much, I can't find any normal healthy reason to waste my time on it.

The fact that I spend way to much time on the map and still believe it could end up with some playtime made me reply again. But I might even regret the time wasted on this reply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Overlapping capturezones ????

The capturezones are devided and iff they where overlapping I wouldn't see any
reason why it would cause an error. Not to mention the fact the map works perfect
on Gleedo's, Sparks and the UK Airborne server.

Still thanks for thinking for a solution.

True Drecks , Coldsteel plays fine on our servers along with all the other customs. Maybe a glitch with all the customs here or there but noting to worry about or cause any issues with on the server.
No mutators on the customs server.
They all play fine except my own beta map.
Map plays fine in pie and console where everything works as should.
Add it to the server the mystery begins.
Player joins and stays in spawn spectate. Bots spawn but you can't. When you do spawn after 2-3 attempts you have missing weapons or your invisible as a player and bots attacking and defending are also.It's as though the server / player files are half baked. Something missing from the milkshake. :(

Upvote 0
True Drecks , Coldsteel plays fine on our servers along with all the other customs. Maybe a glitch with all the customs here or there but noting to worry about or cause any issues with on the server.
No mutators on the customs server.
They all play fine except my own beta map.
Map plays fine in pie and console where everything works as should.
Add it to the server the mystery begins.
Player joins and stays in spawn spectate. Bots spawn but you can't. When you do spawn after 2-3 attempts you have missing weapons or your invisible as a player and bots attacking and defending are also.It's as though the server / player files are half baked. Something missing from the milkshake. :(

That S^&*ks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My suggestion is that you and the others who are working on their maps take a bit of a break. It almost sounds as if there may be something on TWI's end, or something that TWI might discover to alleviate the situation.

There is some great work here and on the other maps and it would be a shame to see work stop. I'm not really saying that for us the players, but you Drecks and the others who put all the effort into the maps.

Upvote 0
I don't think you need to use the open/ close brackets. I think if you remove them it will work. [ ]

Thanks Wolve that helped. Man I'm a complete winky wonky when it comes to command lines.
What Gleedo have with colors I have with commandlines. They scare the hell out of me.

These lines did the job

PC

rogame CookPackages -Platform=PC TE-Coldsteel_b3 FF-Coldsteel -AlwaysRecookMaps -UpdateInisAuto -usermode -log

Server

rogame CookPackages -Platform=PCServer TE-Coldsteel_b3 FF-Coldsteel -AlwaysRecookMaps -UpdateInisAuto -usermode -log

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finally got to try it out now on my new PC, well... run around the map is more like it.

Like I initially predicted I really like this map, it has a classic Ostfront feeling to it (or maybe that is just me) if that makes any sense. I'm sure this map accompanied with Classic Mode could honestly be one of my favorites for years to come.

Not really sure where you are at as far as feedback at this point but my only issue with the map I feel is that the cap boundaries should be spaced out a bit more between them. For example, as soon as you step out the second cap you're instantly in the third cap zone. In my opinion all caps beyond the second need some placement adjusting.

An oddity I encountered during a run through were these overly dark shadows...

Spoiler!

And there seems to be shadow issues which are quite noticeable, that kind of morphs into a full shadow the closer you get to it (more closer then the depth of field effect the vanilla game has). I'm sure you're aware of those instances though. Great stuff, kudos to you.

Upvote 0