• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map]TE-The-Univermag beta

I just can't imagine how awesome it would be with 64 people. Also, those enterable buildigs are awesome and very well done.
and here i am, imagining just how bad a 64 person map would turn this map of beauty into a run and gun map. why does everyone like to play on maps so full they can't help running into each other?:confused:

Upvote 0
yay i ve planed ,that the map goes from the station to the volga ,but now the map is with 177 mb very big ,and its only the half finished , i must split it into 2 maps ....

The map is very big,but the first 4 obj. are very linear (a bit like RO-Leningrad),so in fact only one third of the width of the map is used for gameplay.
The last two obj. is where the map finally opens out to its full width and could easily be a map on its own.
ps:where's the tanks?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and here i am, imagining just how bad a 64 person map would turn this map of beauty into a run and gun map. why does everyone like to play on maps so full they can't help running into each other?:confused:
I just played around with 64 bots on this map to see how it will turn out and it's not that bad at all. The map is pretty big and there's a lot of buildings you can hide in. Some buildings have 3 floors that are fairly large. I think you could easily fit 10 people in each building and get some very nice firefights from building to building across the streets.

I get your point though, I also prefer slower paced gameplay but I don't think it'll really be a problem. There'll be some CQB action on the lower floors I guess and some rifle firefights from the higher floors that are slower paced. At least, that's what I hope :)

Upvote 0
why does everyone like to play on maps so full they can't help running into each other?:confused:

"everyone" is an overstatement :) Also, tastes differ. I like any player counts really, happy to play whatever. 64 players is absolutely fine in my opinion, as long as communication is used. TOGO and 40-1 both prove that 64 players, with the RIGHT players, can be awesome fun :)

Upvote 0
Nice job on getting the whole Gogolya area looking very good. Picky on the historical accuracy (haven't seen how it plays yet):

The concrete building on the corner across from the Univermag (corner of Gogolya and Ostrovskaya) actually came down in the initial bombing - formed that distinctive "spike" on the corner.

There is an iconic building on the south side of Gogolya - has three pointy bits top front - is missing?

The nail factory was actually a bit bigger and more attached to the buildings next to it. Part of it is still there. Actually, the odd X-shaped building is still there (rebuilt) as well. Sanitarium, if I remember right. The Museum was rebuilt, too.

Nice job!

Upvote 0
Nice job on getting the whole Gogolya area looking very good. Picky on the historical accuracy (haven't seen how it plays yet):

The concrete building on the corner across from the Univermag (corner of Gogolya and Ostrovskaya) actually came down in the initial bombing - formed that distinctive "spike" on the corner.

There is an iconic building on the south side of Gogolya - has three pointy bits top front - is missing?

The nail factory was actually a bit bigger and more attached to the buildings next to it. Part of it is still there. Actually, the odd X-shaped building is still there (rebuilt) as well. Sanitarium, if I remember right. The Museum was rebuilt, too.

Nice job!

i think i had not enough infos about all of this area ,
at all time i want it historically correct ,but i found not many old pictures from all points to make it better ....

i found never the correct position of the nailfaktory .
the excact position of the nailfaktory was a mystory for me ....

Upvote 0
Weird, for some reason server crash, i got the server and player files but when y upload the server files and restart the server, its crashed.

Something wrong with this?:
[TE-The_Univermag_alpha ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-The_Univermag_alpha
FriendlyName=The Univermag
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=The Univermag Map
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapTips=
MapType16=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType32=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType64=ROMT_CombinedArms

Ps:i have change the roe to upk.
Thx in advance.

Upvote 0
Weird, for some reason server crash, i got the server and player files but when y upload the server files and restart the server, its crashed.

Something wrong with this?:
[TE-The_Univermag_alpha ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-The_Univermag_alpha
FriendlyName=The Univermag
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=The Univermag Map
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapTips=
MapType16=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType32=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType64=ROMT_CombinedArms

Ps:i have change the roe to upk.
Thx in advance.

The server files should already be .upk
Where did you get the server files, would like to try it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nice job!

Perhaps add a historical resources thread/section with the information and resources you guys utilized for Heroes of Stalingrad and place it here for the convience of custom mappers who seek historical accuracy in their maps.

EDIT: There was a link to a bunch of research files Nestor had put up but I can not link to it as I am on mobile Internet right now. Might be helpful for mappers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0