• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ogledow

Six_Ten

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2006
aztecmod.darkesthourgame.com
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ogledow

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Extract the zip file with folder structure.

Players: Territory version:
On Steam Workshop
and
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17291871/Ogledow_Playerfiles.zip

Server Files (unless you're a server admin you dont need this one):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17291871/Ogledow_ServerFiles.zip

This is a work-in-progress. Please post any observations about the map in this thread. It forms the basis of my to-do list.

After today all previous versions are unplayable and no longer supported. Please delete them before joining a game or downloading the files. If you try to play without having deleted earlier versions you will crash your game. Don't bug me about it.

Notes:

Added the original map's Russian spawns near the Farm and Hill. The first time those objectives are lost, the corresponding spawn is gone for the duration.

Added trees and bushes for cover and to encourage flanking of buildings.

All buildings can be entered. Half of them need new uvmapping so some textures look stretched.

Currently bots cannot see through glass so break a window if you want them to fire from them.

Windows can be broken out by everything from melee and small arms on up, window frames can be destroyed by grenades on up, allowing ingress and egress (climb up, you usually have to crouch first). Occasionally the frame will be blown up but the glass remains intact. I have an idea how to fix that in Kismet, but for now just hit the glass and it'll go.

For some reason AP shells still don't break stuff. If you want to cause havoc in the environment with a tank, use HE.

Open doors by walking near them.

Attachments

• Ogledow_Farm.jpg
    Ogledow_Farm.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Ogledow_Ruins.jpg
    Ogledow_Ruins.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Ogledow_Village.jpg
    Ogledow_Village.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For the first beta I wanted to get a simple basic map working. For the next iteration I'll add more features. I want to make sure that teams load, objectives work, etcetera before getting fancy.

Here are some screenshots.

Attachments

• OgleB1_1.jpg
    OgleB1_1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
  • OgleB1_2.jpg
    OgleB1_2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 0
  • OgleB1_3.jpg
    OgleB1_3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow! Great job! I just got done driving around the map in both tanks and I'm really looking forward to playing it in multi-player. It'll be fun to see how this map plays out with no :IS2:.'s. I got a steady 40+ FPS which is pretty much on-par with my experience on the official maps. Would you like any feed-back?

p.s. How large (in UU's) is the map?

Reactions: The Beast (nl)
Upvote 0
I'll give it a go on a server however I am yet to workout how to get the redirect working properly. Also the server file folder structure is different to a local machine it appears all the map info just sits in the cookedpcserrver folder. There seems to be no folder structure so i am goign to stick both the *.roe and the *.upk in that folder on the server.

I ported a fair few RO maps so they would work in DH. Didn't need to do anything special to get the mantling working for those converts.

Was it easy to convert Ogledow over to RO2 ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I get this error when trying to start with the maps in the cookedpcserver folder

[0000.11] Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'C:\UserFiles\MattB\179\ROGame\CookedPCServer\custom\GBS-Ogledow.upk', not 'C:\UserFiles\MattB\179\ROGame\CookedPCServer\GBS-Ogledow.upk'
[0008.85] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3

Upvote 0