• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ogledow

Use the web admin to load the bots.

2012-01-15_124737.png

HI MD , If that was for me, thanks. We know how to load them. I was just saying that, for us , this map ( any incarnation ) when it loads turns the bots off. And only this map. When the map is running I can go in and add them no problems.

Upvote 0
Six_Ten,

Thanks a lot for your efforts. Very much appreciated. It was good playing with you and a bunch of other guys on saturday. We need more players though.

Just a personal question: Why did you chose to convert Ogledow out of all RO maps?

I am, by no means, criticizing your choice. Ogledow was always one of my favorit maps.

What would make this map perfect are, of course, the halftracks. Seeing this little shortage in gameplay of RO 2, it makes it even more confusing for me, why TWI didn't allow us to ride on the backs of the T 34s and PZ 4's.

Upvote 0
Why did you chose to convert Ogledow out of all RO maps?

I had two goals for this map, to learn how to use the SDK and to make a map that brought the best games I played in RO to RO2. I chose Ogledow because of it's relative simplicity in technical terms, and because it was in both the mod and in Ostfront for RO gameplay terms.

What would make this map perfect are, of course, the halftracks.

I think they are coming to RO2 sooner rather than later. It is a simple enough vehicle that if TWI isn't doing it, then we could, by remapping RO meshes and writing new code.

Upvote 0
Someone who's familiar with RO2 mapping and the SDK please check the area of the Hill objective and see if you can figure out why there is a rubberbanding problem with tanks up there. Someone first noticed it in the previous beta version, I didn't really see it until B7. I am at a loss to explain it or fix it.

Also, I cannot get the shadow of the windmill vanes to soften. Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Someone who's familiar with RO2 mapping and the SDK please check the area of the Hill objective and see if you can figure out why there is a rubberbanding problem with tanks up there. Someone first noticed it in the previous beta version, I didn't really see it until B7. I am at a loss to explain it or fix it.

Also, I cannot get the shadow of the windmill vanes to soften. Any suggestions are welcome.

Six_Ten, could you elaborate on what you had to do to make the redirect work? Is there anything to do or will publishing the map automatically make it work?

Upvote 0
Ah yes, I'd run into the rubber-banding on my last visit to Ogledow :) It happened for me, when I was "sandwiched" between the front wall (looking from the farm) and the building on the hill. I pretty much got stuck in there, but did manage to get out by reversing I think eventually :) It's just a guess, but is it possible the tank is penetrating the collision volume of either the terrain, the building, or other objects laid around on it? The rubber-banding usually happens when a physics body is allowed to penetrate another rigid body - with the rubber-banding being the physics solvers' way of ejecting the anomaly. I could be completely wrong there though :) heh.

Upvote 0
Six_Ten, could you elaborate on what you had to do to make the redirect work? Is there anything to do or will publishing the map automatically make it work?

I merged the FX and ART Levels into the TE. Simple solution. Took two hours, but the idea is simple, anyway :)

When I cooked and published the three levels, the resulting server files were suffixed with .roe. Then it was just the one persistent level, it automatically used the extension .upk.

Thanks again to Feldjager and Noodle for help getting it to work.

It's just a guess, but is it possible the tank is penetrating the collision volume of either the terrain, the building, or other objects laid around on it?

I viewed the collision and didn't see anything that intersects that area. I know something weird is occurring, Noodle drove his tank through the driveway and down toward the German spawn about 50 meters, when he braked it shot back to the top like a rocket. I myself drove a German tank through there and when I got nearly through near the single wall my tank launched 5 meters into the air.

Open the map in the SDK and see if anything sticks out as odd.

By the way, if you download through redirect you can open the Cache.ini and get the code for each file, then rename the cached map files and give them proper names and put them in the Maps and Custom folders. (At least you could in RO, I haven't tried it with this SDK.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I merged the FX and ART Levels into the TE. Simple solution. Took two hours, but the idea is simple, anyway :)

When I cooked and published the three levels, the resulting server files were suffixed with .roe. Then it was just the one persistent level, it automatically used the extension .upk.

Thanks again to Feldjager and Noodle for help getting it to work.

Oh okay so basically using more than one level will not let the redirect work correctly? Gotta merge my levels then...

Upvote 0