• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map WF-Brecourt

Love seeing new maps getting made for the mod, i just wish we would see more British maps soon!

But took a look around in the editor, amazing looking map so far! With some of the other maps you really still see some RO2/RS elements, this map has its own identity! The Heroes Of The West identity! Hope to see this map in the mod very soon!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright lads, here are some new screenshots. Still figuring out the tesselation level.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Looking good, Dumpling! Although I wish you had the lightening built for the previews because I'm particularly interested in how you've been developing the early dawn lighting-effect. In these photos it looks like its going to rain with all the dark clouds and ground.

Keep it up!

Thank you man! Well in early prototype its been dawn, but then I decided to choose one of the worst D-Day +6-7 and its been rainy that time. So in terms of historical accuracy and some combination of DH map/Band of Brothers I decided to make overcast weather.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you man! Well in early prototype its been dawn, but then I decided to choose one of the worst D-Day +6-7 and its been rainy that time. So in terms of historical accuracy and some combination of DH map/Band of Brothers I decided to make overcast weather.

Aww, bummer. I was hoping for a dawn attack map to appear sometime! But sticking with accuracy, that's fine. I think it was even overcast in the Band of Brothers scene anyway. But the sky was light grey with diffused lighting and not thick, really dark storm clouds.

Upvote 0
nYkK1Tu.jpg

WF-BrecourtB3

[UPDATED]All German Emplacements
[UPDATED] Overhead Map

[FIXED] Invisible Walls in the tunnel
[FIXED] Missing textures on dead german
[FIXED] Missing textures on german halftracks
[FIXED] Missing german rifleman roles, which lead to US superior

Direct Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfkh3dcgohcstsl/WF-BrecourtB3.roe?dl=0

I will upload my map on workshop as soon as at least one server will have it on redirect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright, so I am able to release B4 in any time of day, but it wont happen, because I and other people want players to enjoy B3.
But as for me personally, I want people to leave a multiple feedback after release of the new B4 version in comparison with B3.

Its a little bit complicated to change already existing things in terms of balance, because everytime people playing the map differently, but still I will try catch a moment to play B3 on nearly full server to make map better in every aspect.

Upvote 0
As I have faced a lot of complaining about Brecourt B3, I have finished B4, which I have started right after feedback about B3 and here are the changelog:

WtzL45o.png

WF-BrecourtB4

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6axlm34o6ujitoz/WF-BrecourtB4.roe?dl=0

[UPDATED]All German Emplacements
[UPDATED] Overhead Map
[UPDATED] All sandbags
[UPDATED] German initial spawn at the halftracks now have more smooth entering zone
[UPDATED] German roles
[UPDATED] US initial spawn at the barn
[UPDATED] Map borders for proper look, not RO1 style
[UPDATED] MG emplacement between B and C with more covers

[FIXED] Invisible Walls in the tunnel
[FIXED] Missing textures on german halftracks
[FIXED] Spawn protection volume at D, which Allies could flank and fire at germans from the back

[REMOVED] US second spawn at the corn field
[REMOVED] Hedgerows with bad collision

[MOVED] German 1st spawn

[CHANGED] German spawn protection near halftracks in order to prevent spawnkilling
[CHANGED] Howitzers capture time
[CHANGED] Spawn protection volumes to prevent germans from camping at C
[CHANGED] Map lighting, desaturation and film grain effects

[ADDED] Brecourt manor at the background

Map will be on the workshop ~12 hours from now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0