• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]WF-Saint Come du Mont

:confused:

Two attempts to run this update blew up the server. I pulled it as a defensive measure until I get corroboration that others have run it successfully.

French Server is running it without problems along with Games on Net. The new file should be around 107 MB, the old was 105 MB.

I will make sure to change the map name on future updates as well.

Upvote 0
:)

Ok. Let me run through some testing again. We had server trouble yesterday.
Perhaps I can get this going.

Found the source of the problem. The server must have coughed during the file upload process. It was
incomplete. I'm correcting the issue now. It should be operational by noon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:confused:

hmmm. The server is no longer having trouble with the map call until download time.

But now it's choking on a terrain feature.

0036.75] Critical: appError called: TerrainComponent WF-SaintComeDuMontB1.TheWorld:persistentLevel.Terrain_1.TerrainComponent_727: Serial size mismatch: Got 149909, Expected 165529
[0036.75] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
[0039.01] Log: === Critical error: ===
TerrainComponent WF-SaintComeDuMontB1.TheWorld:persistentLevel.Terrain_1.TerrainComponent_727: Serial size mismatch: Got 149909, Expected 165529

Has the WF mod been updated recently? I'll check.

Upvote 0
Updated 06/04/2015 B2

Download Here WF-SaintComeDuMontB2(114 MB)

Change Notes 06/04/2015
Cleaned up floating meshes
Fixed cover nodes and Mantle locations
Fixed some collision
Added destroyable Chickens to the Barn
Added a little more cover / debris

OP also updated

I appreciate all of the feedback I have received from this map and encourage anyone to post any thoughts or issues they have with the map here.

Upvote 0
B2 was short-lived and I now present B3!

Updated 06/05/2015 B3

Download Here WF-SaintComeDuMontB3(118 MB)

Change Notes 06/04/2015
Cleaned up floating meshes
Fixed cover nodes and Mantle locations
Fixed some collision
Added destroyable Chickens to the Barn
Added a little more cover / debris
Added Destroyable Fences

OP also updated

I appreciate all of the feedback I have received from this map and encourage anyone to post any thoughts or issues they have with the map here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From the game that was just played:

The tall, semi-ruined building at the back of A (closest to German spawn) is a little bit too much of a stronghold for the defenders right now. The first round went to the Germans easily and, playing as a squad leader, I did not die once camping in there. As such people were spawning in right on the cap more or less and all I needed to do was sit at the back of the building, rack up the points and add a body to the cap quite safely. A lot of people were saying if the building were a little more open it would be a lot easier for the attackers to cap.

A couple of weird things also. When you shoot the chickens in the barn their death sound is audible over the whole map so even the spawning in Americans can hear them being shot, which is kind of weird. Also (though I don't know how much you can change this) smoke grenades on the map seem to glow gold for some reason. Any clouds before B look like miniature suns with how much they seem to radiate golden light.

Upvote 0
From the game that was just played:

The tall, semi-ruined building at the back of A (closest to German spawn) is a little bit too much of a stronghold for the defenders right now. The first round went to the Germans easily and, playing as a squad leader, I did not die once camping in there. As such people were spawning in right on the cap more or less and all I needed to do was sit at the back of the building, rack up the points and add a body to the cap quite safely. A lot of people were saying if the building were a little more open it would be a lot easier for the attackers to cap.

A couple of weird things also. When you shoot the chickens in the barn their death sound is audible over the whole map so even the spawning in Americans can hear them being shot, which is kind of weird. Also (though I don't know how much you can change this) smoke grenades on the map seem to glow gold for some reason. Any clouds before B look like miniature suns with how much they seem to radiate golden light.

Ah great, I will fix that building and I thought I fixed that chicken thing, will look into!

Upvote 0
I'd love to hear anyone's opinion on restructuring A - C caps.
My idea is to make A easier to capture and harder for Axis to hold, while still keeping the tall destroyed building contested along with adding the open building that is caddy corner from it to the fight.

comeDuMomt4_1.jpg

I would bump up time and reinforcements as well.

Let me know what you think (SCUM) ;)

Upvote 0