• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]WF-Saint Come du Mont

The biggest issue I have with this map is the lighting. If it weren't for the dark night sky, I would swear it was a daytime map.

Even if in full moonlight, it seems too bright. I would think that things should look darker and because of that there would be less color saturation. In darkness things tend to look greyer/bluer...

With that said, last night I mentioned this during a map round and Lemonator said he thought it was too dark and in one building (in particular the Barn at E), he had to turn up the brightness to see. Correct me if I am wrong on that :p But for me, it was as if it was daylight. Perhaps there may be other issues?

Upvote 0
The biggest issue I have with this map is the lighting. If it weren't for the dark night sky, I would swear it was a daytime map.

Even if in full moonlight, it seems too bright. I would think that things should look darker and because of that there would be less color saturation. In darkness things tend to look greyer/bluer...

With that said, last night I mentioned this during a map round and Lemonator said he thought it was too dark and in one building (in particular the Barn at E), he had to turn up the brightness to see. Correct me if I am wrong on that :p But for me, it was as if it was daylight. Perhaps there may be other issues?

I have heard this from others also. In the next update I am switching the Postamenos poplar leaves to a darker material. I originally used the lighter grass to brighten things up but might need to modify this to a darker barashka type material. I can play with toning down overall brightness also, the only downside to this is each lighting rebuild takes nearly 2 hours!

I have noticed dark interiors on some You Tube videos and think I can address this with a post processing volume. I will play with it and see. Thanks for the feedback Moe!

Upvote 0
Updated 03/26/2015

Download Here (105 MB)

Note: File Name has not changed and is in line with the SWS file

The new file is 107 MB as the old was 105 MB

Change Notes 03/26/2015
Increased Map time to 24 minutes for 64 players
Reduced brightness of exterior lighting
Changed grass material to a darker version
Added Post Processing Volumes to nearly all interiors to ensure proper lighting
Postamenos has provided darker "nighttime" textures for all trees and bushes that he created
Added many covernodes and fixed mantling on most fences and walls
Removed Artillery from both sides allowing only Mortars for both sides
Added Red zone to chicken farm when C and D caps are still contested
Removed Orthodox Church decals
Fixed several "traps" where a player could get stuck between objects
Added a few decorative objects
Added Debris and clutter near destroyed buildings and in the streets
Reduced Objective A cap time from 45 secs to 30 secs

OP also updated

I appreciate all of the feedback I have received from this map and encourage anyone to post any thoughts or issues they have with the map here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0