• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Caen OutSkirts

I actually must leave some feedback on this map. First:

- You can fall through the floor in some buildings near E.
- The bushes on the hill overlooking the field and the buildings going to E (from the German POV) somehow are floating in mid-air :D
- I think the movement zones for the Americans need to be re-thought, since I got shot three or four times on the left flank when going to B (and A was captured at that point). There should be more smaller cover or un-even ground in the fields with haystacks, it simply looks too flat now (and you can get shot easily from the hill I mentioned above).
- I think the Americans need more cover on the final objective (I), because as a sniper, I could see them spawn and pick them off quite easily when spawn protection ran out.

I must apologise for not sticking around more during last-night's playtest, I've been having some health issues for the past month and it's very hard to concentrate for me. I hope that my health goes back to normal soon :)

That plus GTA Online and work have distracted me from playing RO2/RS more, as well as distracted me from trying to learn mapping in UnrealEd.

Upvote 0
A few of the changes:

1st German Spawn:
Barn from Ogledow, all credit to Six_Ten :)

Spoiler!

Approach to E/F caps more cover, added trees to break up defender's views from second floor of buildings. Doubled number of Haystacks nearly everywhere.

Spoiler!

Added Cover, trees, and Haystacks to the approach to Final Cap.

Spoiler!

At this point, I am unable to modify the light colored dirt or add a new terrain layer as the map is maxed out on terrain textures. Will try to address this along with the grass popping in the next update of the mod.

I will try to get this on SWS today along with here and have the full changelog. Two events scheduled this weekend on both Euro and NA servers.
Thanks for all the feedback and input guys! :)

Upvote 0
A few of the changes:

1st German Spawn:
Barn from Ogledow, all credit to Six_Ten :)

Approach to E/F caps more cover, added trees to break up defender's views from second floor of buildings. Doubled number of Haystacks nearly everywhere.

Added Cover, trees, and Haystacks to the approach to Final Cap.

At this point, I am unable to modify the light colored dirt or add a new terrain layer as the map is maxed out on terrain textures. Will try to address this along with the grass popping in the next update of the mod.

I will try to get this on SWS today along with here and have the full changelog. Two events scheduled this weekend on both Euro and NA servers.
Thanks for all the feedback and input guys! :)

Good job, man! Will it be ready for the Euro test on Thursday?

Also, did you fix the bug with the falling floors in the buildings on E? 'Cause that's the major one :D

Upvote 0
UPDATED to B3

Download WF-CaenOutskirtsB3.roe Here

Changelog:

Code:
[LIST]
[*]Axis increased to 500 Reinforcements
[*]Added Artillery (same cool down as mortars)
[*]Added 2 Barns
[*]Added fence near first German Spawn
[*]Moved tank near C cap into C cap
[*]Increased size of C cap
[*]C cap locks when taken
[*]Doubled the number of haystacks
[*]Added trees, bushes and cover to assist Attackers
[*]Fixed Building in F where you fell through floor
[*]Added more ambient sounds
[*]Added Cover to Final Cap
[*]Fixed floating bushes
[*]Fixed stairwell in H that could not be walked through