• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RSTE-Kobura

shadowwill

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2007
Hello everyone,

This is a level I have been working called 'Kobura'. The map isn't based on historical events or a real area, I like to think its based in Burma somewhere. The map takes place on uneven jungle terrain with varying levels of height, both teams will be moving up and down slopes. The flow of the map also takes players across a river several times, and creates a sort of zig-zag movement pattern. US forces will be defending against Japanese attackers with 7 objectives which include defensive lines, a ruined temple, a village and river banks.

Update 3

Main additions include :

Smaller spawn protection volumes for the Japanese
Additional spawn locations for some objectives
New locations for some spawns
Adjusted some cap zone volumes
Large blocking volume pass
Improved AI pathing
A more thorough cover node pass
Colour correction added
Fixed splash decals not rendering properly on water surfaces
Fixed odd lighting in the tunnels
Fixed several floating objects
Fixed inability to place booby traps
Increased round time by a few minutes
Increased force respawn interval
Replaced old ruined wall sections with new ones, you no longer get caught on them now
Added several new props such as a new hut, outhouses, shelters and hut furniture
Detailed hut interiors and exteriors
Added alcoves and pillars to the Ruins tunnels for additional cover
Optimisations
Fixed noticeable clipping of dust/smoke particles when they would intersect other objects around the Ruins

What's to come :

Final overhead map
Further optimisations
More thorough blocking volume pass
Further details
Changes based on future feedback

Some screenshots

10194565894_4532b54237_h.jpg

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Again I need to give a huge thank you to the great people over at The Wild Bunch clan, without these guys support, encouragement and willingness to host and test the map I wouldn't have got this far.

Beta Thread

Any feedback and criticism would be greatly appreciated, If there are any problems running the map, please let me know and I'll try work any issues out as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your time, I'd also like to give a massive thank you to The Wild Bunch clan who have been helping shape the map and have offered wonderful support which has given me a much needed motivational boost, Their assistance is of great value to me.

Last edited:
I just did my quick walk-through of this map and I really like the direction it's going.

The rivers, huts, and ruins all flow very nicely and the very uneven terrain will provide for some very interesting gameplay. I can't wait to try it out on a full server.

My favorite thing about the map is the bright color palette. Please don't change that, I love how it stands out in comparison to the stock maps.

Upvote 0
I also did a quick run thru this morning. I like the large size of the map and the not linear path of the objectives that leaves plenty of room for maneuvering and flanking.

It definitely looks like there will be some interesting and epic combat here.

Also, I agree with Moskeeto about the map colors and you have done a nice job on the shrine!

Upvote 0
Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement, and to all those who have taken the time to try the map.

Catalavos, the water is a stock material used in Hanto, the water in RS looks really great. I also love the foliage assets RS has, they are beautifully made and a lot of fun to play with.

As for the colour palette Moskeeto, its still early days and I'll likely make some changes here and there, but I'll try to keep the overall scene fairly colourful, thank you for your comments :)

Reptilianhuman, I'll get that spot blocked off as I can see it causing a lot of problems. I haven't done a blocking volume pass yet so there will be a lot of places people can go rock climbing hehe

I will try keep you all updated on the development and hopefully have some new stuff to show you soon

Upvote 0