• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Omaha beach map project need help!!

lallup

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
italy
Helo all,i am noob at making maps, and i need some help to complete my project for omaha beach map (for lights, add water, spawns,fixed mg..artillery...every part that is not place a static meshes or make a mountain :) ) for now the map looks like that, but its only an "alpha" version! if someone have some ideas post it!, and if you want to provide me some help contact me via pm
thanks for reading.

Last edited:
please greatly reduce/remove the dust and put "full" lines of destructible barbed wire on the map, so engineers have a purpose.
I know it'll make it hard for allies but thats what D-Day maps are about eh? :p
lots of time and endless reinfs should balance that.
I also think the saturation of the grass is a little bit too high and the sky a little bit too dark imo.
looking forward to a Ger vs US mod :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
please greatly reduce/remove the dust and put "full" lines of destructible barbed wire on the map, so engineers have a purpose.
I know it'll make it hard for allies but thats what D-Day maps are about eh? :p
lots of time and endless reinfs should balance that.
I also think the saturation of the grass is a little bit too high and the sky a little bit too dark imo.
looking forward to a Ger vs US mod :D

Yessir!!

Upvote 0
want to make the ally attack more harder?? add tons of obstacle and barbed wires :D (i dont know how to add destructible,but i will learn soon) with that system max 2 person can pass from every hole. its good now multicolor grass?? i changed sky and other things, but editor stopped to work and i cant take pictures... sorry

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i tryed to combine rs start with ro start,the result is working on the editor,but you dont see the german 3d model (of the man,you can see the weapons) if somebody have more knowledge maybe know how to fix it, in other case, for the beginning, we can place usa vs jap with german weapons :D. i cant make the map full realistic, because it will be very hard to cross the beach (nearly impossible with max 32 men) but i will work on 2 different models

Upvote 0
i tryed to combine rs start with ro start,the result is working on the editor,but you dont see the german 3d model (of the man,you can see the weapons) if somebody have more knowledge maybe know how to fix it, in other case, for the beginning, we can place usa vs jap with german weapons :D. i cant make the map full realistic, because it will be very hard to cross the beach (nearly impossible with max 32 men) but i will work on 2 different models
32 men. I'd give them a respawn timer of 2 sec while the Germans have to deal with lets say 50sec. + allies have arty with a really low cooldown and endless reinfs + alot of time!
Don't make it like the official iwo map where you basically start safe on the beach and you only fight in the bunkers above. A hard and long battle over the beach with some quick bunker clearings (nades, flamer..) would be awesome :) esp if you can make several defense points behind the beach so it turns into a trench/bunker battle.
If the map takes less than 1:30h I'm sad :( Take an example of this huge Doggreen sector (I think) map from DH.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As i sayd im working on 2 models,there is model 2 : ).
basically its model 1 with a little shorter beach,more blocks and reworked hills (still lot of work to do),but i need help to place fixed mg34,i tryed to follow the tutorial but is not working. wich version you prefer? 1 or 2? :D
here only good teamleaders launching smoke nades can save you!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0